Random Lockups when on battery

Discussion in 'Lenovo (IBM)' started by Dolvich, Jul 3, 2007.

1. krypticide

krypticide Scribbler - Standard Member

Under "Change advanced power settings", Hard Disk, Windows Hybrid Hard Disk Power Savings Mode.

This definitely fixes all lock-up problems, though I'm not sure why you're only seeing the turn off HD option. Have you tried installing the latest Intel Matrix Storage drivers?

2. eyecon82

eyecon82 Pen Pal - Newbie

No i did not install that. I also have not even installed the turbo memory driver, nor have I installed the Active protection system software

Is this why I am missing this hybrid disc option?

I have posted the screenshots below

Attached Files:

3. eyecon82

from the readme notes, it says
    "1. The driver package will install both the Intel(R) Matrix
    Storage Manager and the Intel(R) Turbo Memory driver on a
    supported operating system which has been installed in
    Enhanced AHCI Mode. "

so my question to you is..why did you install the matrix manager after installing the turbo memory? if it was already installed with the turbo memory? Thank you

4. krypticide

krypticide Scribbler - Standard Member

The packaged turbo memory driver included an older version of the Matrix Storage driver, hence why you still have to install it afterwards. I don't know if you will need to, as it seems to fix only the BSOD problems, but I think this is why you don't see the power options. Install them (and APS if you want), then try again.

5. eyecon82

I installed the new turbo mem driver and the new matrix on top of that..and installed APS and disabled hybrid power savings....it has been 48 hours and no bsod of freeze!! this may actually work

6. chrisgu7

chrisgu7 Pen Pal - Newbie

Hi, I own a x61s and have had freezing issues as of late (this was the closest thread I could find on this issue). I do not know a lot about computers so I apologize if I'm using the wrong terminology.

Just to clarify, whenever I am surfing the web and click on a link, the top of the active window displays "not responding". This however goes away after 5-10 seconds. I have disabled ReadyDrive and ReadyBoost, as well as Windows Hybrid Disk Power Saving Mode.

I have gotten less lockups but the ones I do get are still very annoying. I was wondering if this issue had anything to do with the hard drive itself (seems that whenever these "lockups" occur, the hard drive spins a lot faster) and then slows down after the machine resolves the lockups.

Thanks again for any help!

7. eyecon82

do the disable hybrid hard disc disable..solved my probles too

8. eyecon82

There's a new turbo driver out now dated 11/3/07

9. mathLeague

mathLeague Pen Pal - Newbie

I've been reading this thread trying to get some ideas on what might be happening with *my* lockups. I just got my x61t two days ago, and I've yet to see any bsod's... I imagine those issues have been resolved at the factories since this thread began back in July. My lockup's seem to happen when I'm in OneNote after I haven't written anything for a few moments. I've disabled this PowerSaving option and will let you know.

FYI: I was looking at the Fujitsu Lifebook originally when I started tablet-shopping, but because of the reviews for the x61t here on tabletpcreview, I committed to it instead. I'm the source of envy of many a geek in my Calc 3 class. yay!

thanks, guys
    D

10. eyecon82

for some..the symptoms are lockups, while for others, it is BSOD's...i personally experienced both...however disablign the hybrid disc has solved all symptoms...intel/lenovo/msft needs to fix the underlying cause since we are just treating the symptoms here