random cursor movement tc4400

Discussion in 'Hewlett Packard' started by bryank, Jun 13, 2008.

1. bryank

bryank Pen Pal - Newbie

Anyone else have problems with the cursor? Ever since this was shipped to me from HP the cursor likes to go down to the start button and start clicking. Seems to happen after being asleep for awhile or sometime when doing mult tasks ie processor working more.

B

2. photon_1

photon_1 Pen Pal - Newbie

I and a few other have made note of this as well. Mine always did it in tablet mode, but it would also click in the lower right corner when I was closing the notebook. Mine did it 30min after turning it on for the first time, and that was on MAY 8th. I sent it for repair, but they were unable to find any issues. I need to go pick it up at FedEx right now since I have a job and can't sit home all day to sign for it. They replaced the touch pad and I'll post later if it fixed it.

After all this trouble I think I'll try to get them to take it back with their 21 day return policy. I've only had the computer in my hands for about 9 days.

3. photon_1

photon_1 Pen Pal - Newbie

Just an update...

My computer failed after 24 seconds of use. The pointer moves to the lower right side of the screen on it's own and clicks at will and wont stop. HP was unable to find anything wrong with the unit-even after raising my claim to the highest level.

I'd have to rate the HP service around a 3 on a 1-10. They did write back to my emails and they did "try" to fix my computer by sending it to 2 different HP service centers. Good luck to anyone who has a broken computer with HP! I'm sure those who have working computers like them...I don't much care for my HP.

4. bryank

bryank Pen Pal - Newbie

i had an omnibook 6000 that did this but it was more consistent and it was the trackpad going bad. I left a message for my rep but she has not called me back.

Bryan

5. bryank

bryank Pen Pal - Newbie

mine did this out of the box. it was a replacement from HP and I don't have another computer to use.

6. Heroon

Heroon Pen Pal - Newbie

OH MY i had the exact same problem as u bryank! Mine is a tx1222. I'll have to restart my computer to use it properly each time!

So how's the replacement from HP?? Did they inform u of the problem cause i really dun want to send it for repair if we can fix it!

This problem has also affected my tablet touchscreen function..! =( Please help! Thanks!

7. bryank

bryank Pen Pal - Newbie

i have not had the chance to send the computer back. It's also odd that when I unplug the computer the says the gigabit Ethernet is ready to be unpluged. extended the warranty so i'm good for another year. When I order another computer ,i will clone this computer and send it back in.

Bryan