ram & proccesor speed on t4220

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Clodius, Nov 3, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kilasnpr

kilasnpr Scribbler - Standard Member

ok im looking to buy a new fujitsu t4220 i was thinking of getting 1gb ram and 2ghz of duo core. will that be enough to run regular word processing programs and itunes and mayb couple video games like counter strike 1.6?

2. Chocobo

Chocobo Scribbler - Standard Member

iTunes is poorly coded and can often bog down a powerful processor. Word is not very intensive, and could even run on half that. If you want Counter Strike, you might consider investing into a little bit of extra RAM, but it's not necessary with a GHz. My desktop is only 2.01 GHz and 1GB RAM (yes, I know, it's ancient) but runs games like NWN2 and Oblivion fine, although a tablet's graphics card is no nVidia GeForce 7900 GS.

3. kilasnpr

kilasnpr Scribbler - Standard Member

ok so you think this config will suit me well. 2ghz duo core 1gb(for now) 80gb hdd and windows vista. I know this might sounds like a noobie question but can i upgrade my cpu later on in the future?

4. Chocobo

Chocobo Scribbler - Standard Member

No, the CPU is soldered to the motherboard.

5. Frank

Frank Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

Really? The ULV and maybe also the LV CPUs are soldered to the mainboard, but the normal mobile ones too? I don't think so.
    I think you will be able to change the processor later. But who on earth changes his mobile processor? The CPU is too expensive and the risk and effort too high.
    If time comes where you think, that you could need more power and upgrade your tablet, you'll have to buy an "old" CPU which isn't noticeable faster than your old because the newer, really faster ones won't work with your motherboard. So if you really want a faster CPU buy it now, or later together with a new tablet.

6. Clodius

Clodius Pen Pal - Newbie

Don't get Vista. If your trying to run 1gb, you can not run Vista well at all, much less Vista and iTunes. Either get 2gbs or get Windows Xp Tablet, which Fujitisui ought to offer as an option. I have a 4220 with WinXp Tablet and it runs like a champ.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.