Ram for T901?

Discussion in 'Fujitsu' started by dennisspeaks, Dec 30, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dennisspeaks

dennisspeaks Pen Pal - Newbie

Looking to upgrade my ram on the t901, it was recommended here on this forum to go for the DDR3. As I am searching for ram it can be challenging since I am not a computer tech. Some say they don't work with, I was looking at one that said Only for Socket AM3 and AM3+ CPU Processor. Do not compatible All Intel CPU Chipset. Since I don't know what I am looking at I felt I should ask here before I buy something that don't fit. Also is there a brand preference or to stay away from?

Lastly while researching ram I see there is a debate of 16gb vs 8, that 16 does not give much better performance, feel free to weigh in your thoughts.

Thanks

2. Selofain

Selofain Chronic Lurker

Yes, definitely buy DDR3 sodimms. Brand doesn't really matter so long as they offer a decent warranty. Get whatever's cheapest. Make sure you're buying laptop ram (sodimms) rather than desktop ram (dimms). This is a good example of what you're looking for.

As for 16 vs 8 gb, that's really up to your individual needs. If you need 16gb, you'd know, so you can probably save a few bucks and go with 8gb.

3. dennisspeaks

dennisspeaks Pen Pal - Newbie

Thanks for your input. It gives me some clarification. I don't mind spending the extra as long as it gives me added speed. I mainly will use laptop for video editing and powerpoint, no gaming.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.