RadialMenu/Toolbar 0.4.6.326

Discussion in 'Software' started by incrediclint, Oct 15, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. metaeaux

metaeaux Pen Pal - Newbie

Is this meant to work in conjunction with pen input? In my testing, when I hold a toggle key down, when the digitizer detects the pen, the touch point seems to be ignored (I think the toggle key is released as the pen is detected). So I can't hold shift, and use the pen at the same time (like the toggle keys in artdock).

I think the surface pro 3 is meant to have N-trig duosense technology, so the pen and touch inputs should work simultaneously, but I'm not sure how to get it to work.

2. metaeaux

Currently the Surface Pro 3 doesn't support hover click, instead I have to press the right click button on the pen and then touch the screen.

Since you've been able to tap into the Surface Pro 3 pen buttons, can you make it possible for the second button to do right click when pressed? I'd really appreciate it! Hover click is much faster than pressing the button and then tapping the screen.

I just set up radial menus for most of my software and I'm so impressed. Using the gesture radial mapped to a pen button is awesome. :D Thanks for making my tablet so much more usable! This is exactly what I have needed!

3. incrediclint

incrediclint Scribbler - Standard Member

As for the trigger, In gesture mode i'm experiencing some weirdness after showing radial menu where the cursor gets locked and I can't click on anything until I show/hide radialmenu a couple times... but only on my LE1700. Any issues like that on your SP3?

As to the toolbar being minimized on a per profile basis, yea that's doable. I'll add it to the list. Still have some bugs to iron out in the screen docking feature and I'm planning on adding the ability for the toolbar to remember it's position between launches.

4. incrediclint

Yea, it's supposed to, but only when the key's 'Toggle' option is set to false. The 'Toggle' option means 'Click to turn on, click again to turn off'. When the option is off it's supposed to work off of touch and shouldn't effect the pen and vice versa. On my Wacom bamboo, it doesn't work either, while the pen tip is near the screen the touch is completely ignored. I wasn't sure if it was the same on capacitive touch screens or not though.

The fix/update I posted last night broke Toggle keys on my tablet, they don't toggle as they should so I'll be fixing that today.

Yes, definitely possible... very easily added. :)

5. metaeaux

I haven't experienced that. I have seen it occasionally pause for half a second or so after I perform a gesture. I have also noticed that if you switch applications and bring up the radial menu, the old menu is visible for a split second before it changes to the menu for that application. In general use though, it works incredibly well, it's very responsive!

Awesome! :D

6. incrediclint

RadialMenu 0.2.9.143 - released November 4, 2014
    - Added: Toolbar now remembers it's position.
    - Changed: Small tweaks to gesture mode button edge execution.
    - Changed: After selecting a new image for a button it should automatically get assigned and enabled.
    - Added: Option to enable/disable outer edge command execution when using gesture mode.
    - Added: Functionality so outer edge of RadialMenu activates the command when in gesture mode.
    - Added: Option to use whichever button is not set as the trigger on surface pro 3 pens as right click.
    - Changed: Moved RadialMenu settings to seperate window.
    - Removed: 'Toggle' option from the KeyToggle command. Intended for touch testing, and failed.
    - Fixed: Toggle keys are working properly again.
    - Added: Toolbars should now remember if they are minimized or not and show/hide themselves on auto profile switch.
    - Added: Toolbar: Separate window for settings.

7. loumizhu

loumizhu Pen Pal - Newbie

Hi Incrediclint

Reporting my experience with this release: 0.2.9.143

- Tested on Windows 7 X64 - working
    - Tested in windows 8 - X64(surface pro 1 ) - working

Issues:
    -When clicking on submenu to open it, it disappear on mouse release (trigger set to normal) I can make it appear by holding mouse (is it normal ?
    - I can't get gesture working: I press hotkey and have to click again to choose a menu item
    - Sometimes I can't type the menu item text until I change something in Img or Action
    -I can't tick an option in the menu designer window (like auto profile switch) OR it don't shows it's ticked

Suggestions:
    - the menu item's action is visible by just clicking it (for now it's right click).
    - menu item's action: A small window next to the menu with a list of possible actions (not dropdown menu) Coz there is too many click to access to what the item do.

Thanks for your efforts again :)

8. incrediclint

-When clicking on submenu to open it, it disappear on mouse release (trigger set to normal) I can make it appear by holding mouse (is it normal ?

No. Adding to the bug list.

- I can't get gesture working: I press hotkey and have to click again to choose a menu item

Gesture should be -hold mouse/pen button, move to target, release button and it executes the action. I haven't tested it with anything other then mouse triggers. Are you using a keyboard key alongside the mouse/pen key? (Like Control + Right mouse to show RadialMenu)

- Sometimes I can't type the menu item text until I change something in Img or Action

Yea, it's a known problem. Haven't tracked down the cause yet!

-I can't tick an option in the menu designer window (like auto profile switch) OR it don't shows it's ticked

I'll look into this. Might have been caused by changing to separate settings window.

Suggestions:
    - the menu item's action is visible by just clicking it (for now it's right click).

I could implement that, but it would cause a problem for accessing SubMenus and editing them. I'll see what I can come up with.

- menu item's action: A small window next to the menu with a list of possible actions (not dropdown menu) Coz there is too many click to access to what the item do.

I have some ideas to remedy this. Perhaps a couple buttons that can be toggled that are often used commands, or switch to a list box instead of the dropdown box. I'll play around with some things and see what I can come up with.

Thanks for the feedback!

9. metaeaux

Thanks for the update Incrediclint!

I've tested and confirmed the toggle keys are working again. I love the separate window for settings, I think it's a great improvement! The toolbar also shows/hides based on the profile as well -- it's working perfectly! Awesome!

I have 2 issues to report:
    1. I have the center of the radial menu set to right click, however this seems to be a bit temperamental and half of the time it shows the x instead of the right click action -- I haven't been able to isolate the circumstance that causes the switch but it happens regularly.
    2. The option to use "other button as right click" for surface pro 3 pens doesn't seem to have any effect.
    Thanks.

10. incrediclint

1. Yea, the way the right click works in the center is when radialmenu is shown a timer starts. Once that timer reaches 2 seconds the mouse icon hides itself. With all the new code for pen buttons it's a bit buggy, still trying to massage the pen specific code into my existing mouse handling code smoothly. It looks like sometimes the timer isn't being reset and is continuing to run so that the next time RM is shown, it's a much shorter duration, and appears to be only when using pen triggers that causes the problem.

2. I tried to manually test this on my Wacom tablet and it worked there but it's not the same.. since it only sees 1 button from my pen.. had to do some trickery to get RM to think that I was actually pressing a 2nd button. I'll have a look and see what's going on.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.