RadialMenu/Toolbar 0.4.6.326

Discussion in 'Software' started by incrediclint, Oct 15, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ron2k_1

ron2k_1 calibuchi Senior Member

HidCapture

SP3
    VedorID: 7062
    ProductID: 6917
    Revision: 4
    x230t
    VedorID: 1386
    ProductID: 230
    Revision: 313

Sent from my Surface Pro 3 using Tapatalk

2. incrediclint

incrediclint Scribbler - Standard Member

Thanks!

3. incrediclint

So what I'm seeing is that older devices that are based on Wacom actually don't support 2 barrel buttons, the 2nd button is only mapped to a function through the driver itself. There is no access through USB raw input data to that button specifically. You're right in that it's being registered as the eraser tip. Although, if you set that button to 'Tablet PC Defined" or 'Right Click' it will then show up the same as the 1st button in the raw data (aka both report '35' as there value when pressed). Setting any of the buttons no anything other then 'Right Click' or 'Tablet PC defined' prevents them from reporting any data through the raw input. Weird. It's like this on my Bamboo, and my Motion Computing LE1700 as well, just like the Lenovo. (All use Wacom).

So I can set an action to the 2nd button, but it will also activate when you try to erase as well on those devices that use Wacom.

4. incrediclint

HidCapture should also work for touchscreens too and maybe even any hardware buttons. Make sure you guys use the filter to ignore events that are generated a lot. (Type index of event, click add, then click Clear data, then start touching the screen again).

There should be an index that indicates the number of touch contact points if your device supports multi-touch.

Last edited: Nov 2, 2014
  5. incrediclint

RadialMenu 0.2.8.132 - released November 2, 2014
    - Added: More icons for context menu items.
    - Added: Toolbar docking to edge of screen.
    - Fixed: Context menu icon size on windows 7.
    - Fixed: Toolbar: When minimizing the buttons will now move toward the dock location of the UI buttons properly.
    - Changed: Toolbar: Max Columns/Rows is now 40.
    - Added: Touchdown/Touchup for events for toggle keys, should allow the buttons to be used like a normal keyboard. Key repeat NOT enabled, just hold.
    - Fixed: Toolbar: Duplicating profiles wasn't duplicating the entire profile.
    - Added: Autodetect of supported pens/tablets and on option to enable/disable pen triggers. Turn it on/off in the settings. Still very much a work in progress, but they are independent of mouse triggers. (At least they should be!).
    - Added: Support for Surface Pro 3, Wacom Bamboo(MTE-450A), Motion Computing LE1700, Lenovo x230t.
    - Fixed: RadialMenu moving when in designer mode and clicking a submenu button.

6. metaeaux

metaeaux Pen Pal - Newbie

WOW! Surface pro 3 support! Thank you!

This is amazing, finally I no longer have a useless second button on my surface pro pen! I can trigger radial menu!
    Thanks so much for your hard work on this incrediclint! :D

7. metaeaux

Hi, I've found a problem where the toolbar buttons fire twice: first when the button is pressed and then again when they are released. Do you know how I can fix this?

8. incrediclint

So are both buttons actually working when the Pen Trigger option is on? I haven't had anyone confirm this yet.

Might be from the new touch code.

The way it's supposed to work is that when you have a key that is a 'Toggle Key' you can turn off the 'Toggle' option so that the command is active while the button is held down from touch and the command is stopped when you remove your finger from the button. It's supposed to simulate holding control/alt/shift buttons on a keyboard.

I forgot that Stylus input and Touch input are routed the same way though and that's what it sounds like is causing the problem. Are you having this problem on commands that aren't Toggle Keys?

Nevermind. It's doing it for me too, regardless of the type of key.

9. incrediclint

RadialMenu 0.2.8.134 - released November 2, 2014
    - Fixed: Toolbar: Commands being sent on press and release.
    - Fixed: RadialMenu profile list should not have been showing in context menu when autoprofile switch is active.

10. metaeaux

Yes both buttons work. On the surface pro 3, the second button is set to right click. I've set the RadialMenu trigger to be button one, and it works perfectly in both "gesture" and "normal" mode. This feature alone has made this program so valuable to me! Thank you so much!

Would it be possible to have the "minimized" state remembered for each profile? I generally don't want the toolbar to show unless I'm using one of the programs I intend to use it with e.g. Bitwig Studio. Ideally I'd like to have RadialMenu launch when my computer boots, but it will be minimized to the tray until I switch to Bitwig, in which case RadialMenu opens. Is this possible?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.