RadialMenu/Toolbar 0.4.6.326

Discussion in 'Software' started by incrediclint, Oct 15, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ron2k_1

ron2k_1 calibuchi Senior Member

This HidCapture is confusing. What are we to do here!

Am I to go down the list, press Register and then press Capture? Then from all the data spitting out what do you want? Little more info please!

Sent from my Surface Pro 3 using Tapatalk

Sent from my Surface Pro 3 using Tapatalk

2. incrediclint

incrediclint Scribbler - Standard Member

1. Click a device in the list, click capture. Usually tablets should have a UsagePage of 13 and a Usage of 1 or 2.
    2. As you hover your pen over the tablet lots of data will fill the list, you'll see some that repeat ALOT like this:

Index[10] Changed from: 234 to 123
    Index[10] Changed from: 241 to 34
    Index[10] Changed from: 356 to 345
    Index[10] Changed from: 456 to 984
    Index[10] Changed from: 235 to 234

That's positional information we don't need that. So on the left side above the 'Add and Remove' buttons type in the index value '10' and click 'Add'

Click the 'Clear data' button to clear the data list and now when you move your pen near the tablet the 'Index[10] Changed' items won't appear in the list. Do this for any that repeat a bunch of times while hovering.

Next would probably be the pressure values. Press your pen on the tablet and you'll see values that change the harder you press. Your going to want to filter those too.

For my Wacom bamboo I had filter out indexes 10, 11, 12, 13, 16, and 17. They were all position and pressure information. Index 9 was the button states.

At this point the data in the list shouldn't be filling up as fast anymore and you can decipher what's going on. On both my tablet PC and my Wacom Bamboo it looked like this when I tried various things:

Index[9] Changed from: 0 to 32
    Index[9] Changed from: 32 to 33
    Index[9] Changed from: 33 to 32
    Index[9] Changed from: 33 to 35
    Index[9] Changed from: 35 to 32

0 to 32 was when I brought the pen in range of the tablet.
    32 to 33 was when I touched the tip of the pen to the tablet.
    33 to 32 was lifting the pen from the tablet after touching.
    33 to 35 was when I pressed the pen barrel button.
    35 to 32 was when I released the barrel button.

So we know that:
    If Index[9] = 32 - Pen tip is in range of tablet
    If Index[9] = 33 - Pen tip is touching tablet
    If Index[9] = 35 - Barrel button is pressed
    if Index[9] = 36 - Eraser tip is in range of tablet
    if Index[9] = 44 - Eraser tip is touching tablet

Just keep filtering out indexes until you can figure out which ones are doing what.

I need to know the index(s) that hold the pen button/tip state, the UsagePage and Usage of the device, and your device name (Surface Pro 3 or whatever.)

This is a bit more confusing for touch input as it can be multiple devices in the list that report all the data, for now i'm focusing on pen input.

Is that helpful at all?

3. ron2k_1

ron2k_1 calibuchi Senior Member

Yes it is

Swiped from my Galaxy Note 8 using Tapatalk

4. incrediclint

I should also mention, there is no way to Unregister a device properly in windows once it's registered other then exiting the application, so you may need to restart HidCapture when testing a different device.

5. ejoya

ejoya Pen Pal - Newbie

Is there a way for the radial menu not to auto-hide when I choose a button? It's conflicting with key toggle, if I try to use key toggle "control key" I will not be able to activate the radial menu again using double click from my pen because the menu will hide and I'll be stuck with the ctrl key on.

6. incrediclint

Hmm I meant to disable toggle keys on RadialMenu, they were meant for Toolbar usage, but since your using them on RadialMenu i'll add an Autohide option for RadialMenu so you can toggle it on or off. That would be a always on type of thing though.

I'll also add a check in RadialMenu that checks wether the key being held down is coming from RadialMenu and if so, ignore the key and proceed normally. That should solve it.

I'm working on some pen stuff right now, but I'll do a quick test to see if I can get it done fast and post a update for ya.

Last edited: Oct 29, 2014
    ejoya likes this.
  7. incrediclint

I should also mention, if you pull up the onscreen keyboard and press it's control key, it should set it to off on a global level, easy workaround for the time being.

8. incrediclint

Here's an update that should fix that specific issue. Don't need to do a full blown release for it, i'll be putting up a release tomorrow most likely.

Anyway, go to the folder you have RadilaMenu installed, rename the old one to 'RadialMenu.old' then extract the new one and put it that folder. If you have any problems, delete the new one, and name the old one back to 'RadialMenu.Exe'

Attached Files:

ejoya likes this.
  9. incrediclint

Planned on a release today unfortunately my internet connection has been down all day until a couple hours ago, so the next release is pushed off until tomorrow, but it's worth the wait.

The feedback I've been receiving has been fantastic. RadialMenu suited my needs back when it was first released and everything since then has been in response to user feedback and requests so keep them coming!

ron2k_1 likes this.
  10. Kumabjorn

Kumabjorn ***** is back Senior Member

Tried the HidCapture utility, there are 26 different USB connections or HID. I've tried several of them but it doesn't capture anything from the pen as far as I can tell. I'm assuming it will show up in the small box inside the window?

Sent from my GT-N5110 using Tapatalk 4

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.