RadialMenu/Toolbar 0.4.6.326

Discussion in 'Software' started by incrediclint, Oct 15, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. nicopizza

nicopizza Pen Pal - Newbie

That's great!
    I have another question: wouldn't be better to have it stay on the tray instead of floating on the screen?
    I confirm it's a cool piece of software you made here!

2. incrediclint

incrediclint Scribbler - Standard Member

By 'Launch' do mean run RadialMenu, or show/hide RadialMenu?

I'm not sure I know what you mean by stay on the tray?

3. Kumabjorn

Kumabjorn ***** is back Senior Member

The first time you do it RadialMenu begins to run, after that it is a show/hide toggle, if that makes sense?

4. incrediclint

Ok ok, I understand now. :)

5. nicopizza

nicopizza Pen Pal - Newbie

What I mean is that, instead of floating on the desktop, the application could run minimized in the notification area, or system tray.

6. incrediclint

I see, you mean the toolbar aspect of RadialMenu right? I could add an option to minimize it to the tray. There is an option to completely disable the toolbar if you don't use it as well.

So what behavior should I add? I can add an item to the right click menu to show/hide the toolbar. Double clicking the tray icon right now brings up the settings screen for radialmenu/toolbar.

All easy things to add so let me know what you'd like!

Last edited: Oct 27, 2014
  7. incrediclint

I've attached a small program that should be able to capture data from pen/touch devices as they are being used. I used this program to get access to the necessary data to process my tablet's pen buttons and use them to activate RadialMenu specifically with the pen, but it only works for my tablet(Wacom Bamboo) and tabletPC(Motion Computing LE1700).

I have to write a custom solution for any devices I want to support and for that I need data about those devices... data that isn't made available by the manufacturers, so if anyone wants to help out, download the attached file and play around with it to see what comes out of your device(s). It will show a list of events it captures and the index of that event in the raw data. That index number(s) is what we need. As an example, the data I got from my Wacom is as follows:

The index that holds the button state on my Wacom is Index[9].
    If Index[9] = 32 - Pen tip is in range of tablet
    If Index[9] = 33 - Pen tip is touching tablet
    If Index[9] = 35 - Barrel button is pressed
    if Index[9] = 36 - Eraser tip is in range of tablet
    if Index[9] = 44 - Eraser tip is touching tablet

The other indexes held other data like position, pressure, etc.. but we only need the button states any other data is a bonus.

If some of the indexed values don't make sense it's because they're all being represented as bytes when some of those should be other data types. On my Wacom Index[16] and Index[17] are pressure, but each of those indices can only store values up to 255. My bamboo has 512 levels of pressure. If you read index 16 and 17 as an integer or short instead of a bye you get the proper value. Anyway the point I'm making here is that even if the data doesn't seem to make sense it's probably still useful.

You will get a ton of events while hovering/moving around, those you should filter out as those are related to the x/y position of the pen/fingers/whatever and shouldn't have any bearing on the indexes that hold the button states.

Attached Files:

8. Kumabjorn

Kumabjorn ***** is back Senior Member

When I get home I will download it to my SP3 and test it.

Sent from my SC-01F using Tapatalk

9. incrediclint

RadialMenu 0.2.6.106 - released October 28, 2014
    - Added: Toolbar: Minimize to tray option for the rollup button.
    - Added: Toolbar hide/show command to context menus.
    - Fixed: The line drawn to the mouse when in gesture mode wasn't positioning correctly when RadialMenu's size was anything other then 1.
    - Fixed: Macro recorder wasn't recording delays when recording mouse movement only.
    - Changed: Toolbar: Removed custom icon size setting for the time being. It prevented the ability of icons to scale with the size of the button.
    - Fixed: Toolbar: Buttons couldn't be resized larger then 2 rows/columns.
    - Changed: New single instance code. Attempting to open a second instance of RadialMenu will now show the existing instance.
    - Added: A line is now drawn when using 'Gesture' activation from the center of RadialMenu to the mouse.
    - New: Started adding code for pen/touch activation and reading raw input.
    - Fixed: ProcessMouseTriggerUp cleaned up and fixed to work with pen/touch in the future.
    - Fixed: Size selector for Screen Edge Activation alignment issue.
    - Fixed: When activation is set to right click and right clicking on the toolbar RadialMenu would be displayed as well as the context menu, now RadialMenu will not show when right clicking the Toolbar.
    - Changed: When screen edge activation is turned on and 'Menu Follows Mouse' is turned on RadialMenu will center itself on the mouse cursor even if that means it would be partially off screen.
    - Fixed: Gesture command consuming mouse up but not mouse down event causing focus issues.

Last edited: Oct 28, 2014
  10. incrediclint

anyone using hidcapture to test I also need the UsagePage and Usage of your device from the listbox.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.