RadialMenu/Toolbar 0.4.6.326

Discussion in 'Software' started by incrediclint, Oct 15, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. incrediclint

incrediclint Scribbler - Standard Member

Thanks!

I changed some build options on the normal version and it seems to be causing problems for many people. I'll have to revert those changes on that version.

The right click behavior has been changed as a result of adding the 'center button as right click' function like Wacom has. I use to have it where any click outside of the radialmenu closes it as well, but I'm undecided about the best behavior as far as closing it goes.

The 'mouse follows menu' command and no taskbar tray icon. Yea, I just tested on all 3 versions I must have missed a compiler flag before I built them. (Some things are disable while I'm working in debug mode such as the tray icon).

'Mouse follows menu' is broke because of the new right click center button function I put in.. I didn't test it before release.

I'll post a fix probably by tomorrow!

2. incrediclint

Good news! I've managed to trap pen events for my Wacom tablet so I can activate RM specifically with the pen button!

Bad news! It only works for my specific tablet and other models that use the same data format (No idea which ones). I would venture to guess that most Wacom tablet devices use the same or similar data structure though.

This means that I should be able to do the same for other devices and relatively easily provided I can get my hands on the required data. That's where you guys come in! I'm working on a way to capture all the data from a device and logging it. That log can then be posted or sent to me and I can figure out how to associate it with RM to use for activation. :)

3. loumizhu

loumizhu Pen Pal - Newbie

Hi Clint
    I'm no expert, but I read somewhere that strokeplus developer was catching all mouse events, if they are gestures StrokePlus handle them otherwise , it let it pass.
    Or you could make the gesture start only from a button (in toolbar like you said) This would limit a bit the gesture but still very useful. The user tap over toolbar and continue the gesture outside it
    What Nicopizza suggested: the user move/hover the pen (mouse) in a circular movement and this activate the menu (no clic)
    Also I seen many programs that trigger by swiping screen corner (or side). They do Like the charmBar of windows 8 (but the other side of screen of course :p )

I'm reporting this jus to let you know:
    - In windows 7 - 64, the new release 0.2.3.83 of radial menu don't show up now. Process in there but no tray icon or splash screen.
    -Windows 8 : working fine

4. incrediclint

Yea, I can capture all mouse/keyboard events. StrokesPlus went opensource too, I downloaded a copy of it but still haven't had the chance to look through it. The only thing that has kept me from implementing actual gestures is the overhead of watching every mouse move at the expense of performance. They could be anywhere on the screen, no need for a window at all. I'm not sure about a circular motion... could be problematic for drawing.

Screen edge/corner activation is planned already, probably going to be the next thing I do after I finish the ability to activate it through touch/pen events specifically. :)

5. Kumabjorn

Kumabjorn ***** is back Senior Member

Downloaded the latest version, installation told me it couldn't create usermanual.pdf, don't know if that is significant but thought it wiser to let you know.

6. incrediclint

Thanks! Just fixed that, forgot to change a line in the installer apparently. :(

7. incrediclint

Working on pen/touch activation options currently, but these fixes/additions were quick and easy.

RadialMenu v0.2.5.96 - released on October 26, 2014
    - Added: Screen edge activation options: Top, Bottom, Left, Right, and the corners as well as changing of the size of the activation area.
    - Fixed: Setup was still trying to create userguide.pdf on install.
    - Fixed: 'Menu Moves With Mouse' not moving radialmenu at all.

When using the new screen edge activation RadialMenu will be pushed back on the screen if it would appear off screen. I haven't tested what will happen with all the different options combinations with screen edge activation, let me know if there are any problems.

I'd like to hear from the community about options for hiding radialmenu. Should it hide itself if you click outside of it's boundaries? If so, with any button or only specific buttons?

Also the behavior of RadialMenu when it is shown with the different activation options, like screen edge activation... should it appear in the center of the screen or as it does now, at the mouse location but pushed inside the screen boundaries?

Last edited: Oct 26, 2014
  8. incrediclint

Windows Flicks are customizable. Control Panel -> Pen and Touch -> Flicks. Reference: http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/windows/desktop/ms694980(v=vs.85).aspx

If you click the 'Navigational flicks and editing flicks' radio button you can customize what they do. You can use existing commands, or custom hotkeys.

RadialMenu already will intercept these keys if you set your Keyboard Trigger in RadialMenu to the same thing as the flick. For example, the 'Print' flick command will send 'Ctrl + P' as a backup appcommand. If RadialMenus' keyboard trigger is set to 'Ctrl + P' then that flick will show radial menu.

9. nicopizza

nicopizza Pen Pal - Newbie

Thank you for taking time to explain.
    I was thinking more of a dedicated gesture... "Magic Formation" would show up every time I would gesture a circle (even hovering with the pen or the mouse) anywhere on the screen. That is nicer on a tabletPC without keyboard...

10. incrediclint

Should be working fine now, I had the same problem when I tested. Think I forgot to uncomment a debug line.

I checked out the StrokesPlus source code today to see how they handled gestures and while it's a great piece of software, it's far more then we need. I'll get around to adding a couple gestures specifically for activation soon.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.