RadialMenu/Toolbar 0.4.6.326

Discussion in 'Software' started by incrediclint, Oct 15, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. HoodedRobin

HoodedRobin Pen Pal - Newbie

Tested the latest version (8/1/215) and on my Surface Pro 2 the program crashes immediately after starting :(

v0.3.6.255 was the last one that was overall functional for me.

2. incrediclint

incrediclint Scribbler - Standard Member

Maybe it's something in the settings file that's causing newer versions to crash.
    Try navigating to "C:\Users\USERNAME\AppData\Local\" and either delete or move (if you want to keep the settings and possibly restore them later) the "RadialMenu" folder then try running it. A new settings file should be created and see if it crashes. These files are not removed when it's uninstalled.

If it works something is corrupt in the original settings file(s). You could then zip them up and send them to me and I can have a look to see what's causing the problem and possibly fix the file so you can restore your settings.

3. HoodedRobin

HoodedRobin Pen Pal - Newbie

That fixed the crash at startup!! Now it just crashes whenever i try to import a profile or close RadialMenu, then i have to restart my Surface Pro 2 in order to be able to get RadialMenu to start again

4. incrediclint

The crash when importing is fixed in the next release. Still trying to track down the bug causing the crash when closing.

Last edited: Jan 22, 2015
  5. incrediclint

Yea, I haven't tried running it on startup in a long time, but I have managed to reproduce that problem and will be fixing that for the next release.

In trying to pinpoint the crash on startup/closing I've found some things that definitely cause problems. First, having the stylus touching the screen while RadialMenu is loading causes a crash every single time. When closing RadialMenu some times the context menu stays on screen even after the toolbar has closed, which results in a crash as well. I'm thinking it has something to do with capturing stylus/touch input. Also, it seems that it crashes -every- time for me if I use the tray icon to exit RadialMenu which didn't used to be a problem.

The crash on closing is actually why I had the shutdown dialog in in the first place now that I think about it, the dialog prevented the crash and was a quick fix back when RadialMenu was for my own personal use.

6. incrediclint

The missing icons when RadialMenu is launched at startup issue isn't fixed yet. I planned on fixing that and releasing Monday but decided to get what I have out and possibly do another release Monday with that bug fixed.

RadialMenu 0.4.4.316
    - released January 23, 2015
    - Added: Some more error checking to help debug shutdown/launch errors.
    - Fixed: Profile import crash for RadialMenu & the Toolbar
    - Changed: Exit sequence to hopefully fix the crash on exit.
    - Fixed: Toolbar showing itself when stylus moved near screen while toolbar is hidden and using 'StylusAutoHide'
    - Fixed: Tray context menu display issues.
    - Added: 'Exit RadialMenu' command type.

Last edited: Jan 24, 2015
  7. incrediclint

RadialMenu 0.4.5.318 - released January 26, 2015
    - Fixed: Missing icons/images when using "Launch At Startup"

stormi likes this.
  8. stormi

stormi Scribbler - Standard Member

Crash on exit, missing icons & profile import seem to be fixed.
    When trying to overwrite a profile during export, I get this error message and then RadialMenu crashes:
    Unbenannt.png
    Seems to be partially fixed. When hiding the toolbar with the hotkey or context menu, it stays hidden. When using the minimize button to hide the toolbar it pops up again as soon as the stylus is in range.

Launching RadialMenu, I'm still getting around 50% chance of RadialMenu crashing.

And I found another bug, the Launch/Run action seems to send the command twice when using touch but sends correctly once when using the mice.

9. incrediclint

Thanks for the report!

10. incrediclint

The crashing when launching, still trying to pin that down. It seems to happen before my code even get's run meaning it might be one of the external libraries RadialMenu uses. You do have .net framework 4.0 installed right?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.