RadialMenu/Toolbar 0.4.6.326

Discussion in 'Software' started by incrediclint, Oct 15, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. incrediclint

incrediclint Scribbler - Standard Member

Do you have the 'Stylus Autohide' option checked for the toolbar, that's the only way it's supposed to do that.

I did some work on profile export/importing over the holidays and forgot to disable some of the new(unstable) code it seems.

2. incrediclint

RadialMenu 0.4.3.309 - released January 8, 2015
    - Fixed: Import/Export crash.
    - Changed: Added DPI compensation when showing button designer windows. Should fix designer window not displaying at mouse when using DPI scaling.
    - Added check on closing to hopefully prevent the crash on exit.

3. Gary.M

Gary.M Pen Pal - Newbie

Occasional closing crash still but other than that all good here. Thank you

4. TrendyGuy

TrendyGuy Pen Pal - Newbie

Thanks for creating this.

I seem to be having one issue though. I am using Illustrator on a Sony Vaio Fit15a with a digitizer. I am using your program for some shortcuts when I do not have access to the keyboard. One of them is ctrl + = and ctrl + - for zooming in and out. ctrl + - works without a problem but ctrl + = doesn't work at all. Is there something I am doing wrong?

Also, what is the best way to create a button for pressing/holding the space bar for when I want to move around holding the stylus down? Right now I have a shortcut set to toggle the space bar but is there a way to actually hold a shortcut key for spacebar while I drag the stylus?

5. stormi

stormi Scribbler - Standard Member

Yes. When 'Stylus Autohide' option is checked and I toggle the toolbar to hide (either in the menu or via hotkey) the toolbar always shows again as soon as the stylus comes in range and also stays visible after the stylus is out of range again. Then I can hide it again until the stylus gets in range...
    Without the option checked it behaves as intended and the toolbar stays hidden.

I tried to set RadialMenu up to replace ArtDock and run into a few other problems :(
    - When running it as admin (to be able to control other admin windows) it mostly crashes on start. Also sometimes without running as admin it crashed when starting.
    - When auto-running it on Windows start, the symbols in the toolbar-buttons are missing.
    - Importing a profile crashes RadialMenu
    - Closing RadialMenu also sometimes crashes RadialMenu

Sorry for all the trouble, as soon you get these fixed I'll donate you a few bucks :)
    Thanks again for the great work!

6. incrediclint

Using the spacebar in that way should work with a 'Key Toggle' with 'Hold to activate' selected, so that you can hold the button down with your finger while using the stylus, but it doesn't seem to work for everyone. That should be fixed in the next release.

As far as the ctrl + = command, it should work as well, i'll test that combo and see what's causing the issue.

Last edited: Jan 19, 2015
  7. incrediclint

Strange, it shouldn't show itself if it's hidden. I'll see what's going on.

Can you post the profile that's crashing on import?

8. incrediclint

Also, the icons missing on the toolbar at windows start... Is it just the toolbar or both the toolbar and the radialmenu?

Does it crash on windows start, or any time it you start it at all? Having trouble reproducing the behavior.

Last edited: Jan 21, 2015
  9. incrediclint

Nevermind the crashing profile, found the problem... had nothing to do with a specific profile. :)

10. stormi

stormi Scribbler - Standard Member

The icons on the toolbar and radial menu are missing, except the close, minimize, etc (radial-menu-button on toolbar is disabled in settings btw):
    Unbenannt.png

It crashes when starting in any way. I would say around 50/50 chance of starting/crashing ;)
    I already tried deleting all settings/profiles and a new clean installation.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.