RadialMenu/Toolbar 0.4.6.326

Discussion in 'Software' started by incrediclint, Oct 15, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Gary.M

Gary.M Pen Pal - Newbie

That sounds great, the more options the better when it comes to drawing/sculpting/3d work with just the sp3 and the stylus. Looking forward to your next update.

2. incrediclint

incrediclint Scribbler - Standard Member

RadialMenu 0.4.0.289 - released December 20, 2014
    - Added: KeyHold command to hardware button remapping.
    - Added: Bunch of missing tooltips.
    - Added: Preliminary context sensitive help icons/implementation. Hovering over the '?' icons displays a tooltip.
    - Added: Option to disable windows key. Disabling the windows key on the Surface Pro 3 allows proper remapping of the pen's top button.
    - Added: Hardware button remapping of up to 5 buttons. This captures keyboard commands, blocks them, and launches the selected command.
    - Fixed: With "Auto Profile Switch" turned off, upon activating RadialMenu again the submenu that was previously used would still be active. It now returns to the top level parent menu when RM is closed/hidden.
    - Added: Option to disable/enable profile switch notifications.
    - Fixed: If toolbar is hidden when 'Minimize To Tray' option is turned off the toolbar will be set to visible.
    - Added: Drag handle options to RadialMenu.

ron2k_1 likes this.
  3. stormi

stormi Scribbler - Standard Member

I found another bug. I can't edit the buttons in the toolbar when using more then 1 display. The edit-box doesn't appear. Editing the buttons in the radial-menu works fine though.

Edit: The edit-box seems to be just placed outside the visible area. When moving the toolbar somwhere else the box is appearing.

Last edited: Dec 20, 2014
  4. incrediclint

Oh, ok. I have a function to try to force the edit box onto the screen if any part of it is off. That function does not account for multiple displays though. I'll get that fixed for the next release. Thanks!

5. stormi

No problem, keep on the great work!
    Another problem though. When trying to select the "Launch/Run" and "Open Location" actions from the dropdown menu the dialog gets stuck in an endless loop. When selecting a file/folder it simply pops up again. Same when clicking on cancel or close. Using the buttons below doesn't cause this issue.

Also here are a few options I would love to see implemeted:
    - option to hide the exit confirmation
    - hotkey for quickly hiding and showing the toolbar
    - option for "silent start" (hidden launch at startup without splashscreen)
    - (swipe buttons to launch/run files/apps)

6. Gary.M

Gary.M Pen Pal - Newbie

I have been running this latest version since release and have found no major problems. The hardware button remapping is working well on my SP3, although - as well as with the 'official' Surface Hub way to disable the windows key - the haptic feedback is still present when you press it. I'm guessing this is a hardware thing.

One small bit of weirdness - when setting up a toolbar button to press and hold it sometimes stops working. I have found a way around it however by setting buttons to key toggle with hold. It then works like a press and hold, so all good here. Thanks again for your excellent work on this.

7. incrediclint

Fixed the endless loop issue for those commands. Found out the last time that worked correctly was with revision 255, since then it's been broke. Thanks for reporting!

Removed the confirmation dialog on exit. I think I put that in really early on in development for saving user settings essentially, but it's not needed.

Threw in a hotkey for toggling the toolbar and added an option to disable splash screen display.

The swipe key thing is something that I thought of immediately when I first added it. I'm considering creating a new command type specifically to bind commands to that operates much like the windows 8 on screen keyboard where as holding the button down shows 8 additional buttons around the initial button, and still allows you to quickly swipe a direction before the 8 additional buttons are displayed for quick launching.

I'm not sure what I'll do yet, if I modify the existing command it'll break any commands that are already set up.

Last edited: Dec 22, 2014
    stormi likes this.
  8. incrediclint

Yea, the feedback can't be blocked as far as I'm aware. Wish it could... I don't like it.

The press and hold issue, are you saying that with the 'Hold Key' command that you have problems, but using a 'Toggle Key' with the 'Hold to Acitvate' option on the toggle works as the 'Hold Key' SHOULD work?

9. Gary.M

Gary.M Pen Pal - Newbie

Yes, that's how it works here.

10. stormi

Thanks, you're awesome and fast :D
    Btw. I like the idea of holding a button and showing more options :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.