RadialMenu/Toolbar 0.4.6.326

Discussion in 'Software' started by incrediclint, Oct 15, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. incrediclint

incrediclint Scribbler - Standard Member

Thanks, it's (mostly) my pleasure! (universal pen/touch wasn't a pleasure at all!) :)
    Those options are coming, I was actually working on the volume mappings a few days ago when I discovered the windows 7 remapping issue and stopped work on it. The plan is to allow remapping of the stylus buttons + volume buttons + win key on the SP3 to a subset of the commands already in RM, as well as allow those mappings to be per-application.

2. stormi

stormi Scribbler - Standard Member

I can confirm that the remapping also works on my device now (except for the 2nd button).

3. incrediclint

Yay! The 2nd button is problematic, as for Wacom devices it doesn't seem to report it's state through the driver itself at least as far as I can tell right now. The old method of reading the raw data and processing it per-device worked mostly but it's too tedious to keep up with that and any change in the data format would break it altogether.

It's strange because Wacom specifically requested that provisions for a 2nd stylus button be added to the HID specification, and those provisions did get added. Wacom devices even report the 2nd stylus button usage, but the state isn't actually represented when you fetch the data... I may be overlooking something though. Still trying to find the solution to this.

4. Steve B

Steve B Moderator Moderator

Slightly OT, but perhaps useful for others who use things like Radial Menu-
    I've been using the TouchMe Gesture Studio app, and this has been a godsend to me in Win8. I use it to enable the browser to switch/open/close tabs/activate the OSK/ etc, but more importantly I can also now activate the mouse scroll up/down command with a multitouch gesture! Very freakin' useful in Sketchup! Zooming is now officially a breeze.... Phew!

This app, in conjunction with Radial Menu and Toolbar Creator have given me an amazing array of tablet-based tools. Yay!

Ok, off to donate.

Last edited: Dec 7, 2014
    ron2k_1 likes this.
  5. AirbornStudios

AirbornStudios Pen Pal - Newbie

Thank you SO much for this! I was ready to gift my Surface Pro 3 to my girlfriend just to get a surfacepro 2 to have proper inputs. Now with your tool i did not only fix the buttons but also have a reliable input toolbar for zbrush. Finally i can sculpt without having to care if an input worked or did not. It's a blessing. Just donated 50 bucks to you, very well deserved!

I have a question tho, would it be possible to allow 1 Buttons collumn as well? I would rather have one collumn with bigger icons than 2 columns as i do have right now.

6. incrediclint

Glad you like it, and donations are very much appreciated!

Yea, just open the settings, then remove the 2nd column of buttons by dragging them to the trash can in the settings window for the toolbar. Once all the buttons have been removed in that column you can resize the other buttons or remove that column by decreasing the column count in the customization tab.

7. AirbornStudios

AirbornStudios Pen Pal - Newbie

Oh nice, i just tried to lower it in the settings but i could never go below 2 columns.

8. incrediclint

Yea, you used to be able to decrease the column/row size even if buttons were already there and it would delete the buttons, but I decided it was to easy to accidentally remove to many buttons and changed it so you have to clear the buttons yourself.

9. Gary.M

Gary.M Pen Pal - Newbie

I thought I would share something I implemented in one of my toolbars. This one was for Autodesk Maya and, thanks to a toolbar and radial menu I set up I really can use the program without the need for a keyboard and 3 button mouse. The only problem I had was, with the high resolution of my Surface Pro 3 screen, the text in the menus is really quite small and I find myself squinting when trying to read. My solution was to assign a button on the radial menu to switch on the Windows 8.1 magnifying tool (Win +) set to lens mode and to follow the mouse. Another button switches it off (Win Escape). I hope someone else can find this useful.
    MayaMag.jpg

10. incrediclint

RadialMenu 0.3.7.272 - released December 14, 2014
    - Changes under the hood that should improve performance.
    - Added: 'MouseWheel command' added for RadialMenu and the Toolbar. Moving up or right scrolls up, down or left scrolls down.
    - Added: Per-application stylus button remapping.
    - Added: Popup notification of profile switch events.
    - Fixed: 'Toggle keys' not working properly with mouse/pen since the touch specific code change.
    - Fixed: RadialMenu/Toolbar not switching profiles with some applications. (Foxit)

ron2k_1 likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.