RadialMenu/Toolbar 0.4.6.326

Discussion in 'Software' started by incrediclint, Oct 15, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. incrediclint

incrediclint Scribbler - Standard Member

Maybe we're overthinking this. If your getting your max values in the diagnostic tool, you should be able to do the same in HidCapture. I only changed HidCapture so you could verify the Diagnostic tool indexes you found. Try the indexes you found in the Diagnostic tool in hid capture. If your getting the correct coordinates in the tool then we can get the correct ones in HidCapture as well and in RadialMenu too.

I just did a test using my desktop touchscreen with the Diagnostic tool and found the correct indexes. Putting those same indexes(from the tool) into HidCapture for x/y showed the same results as did the diagnostic tool. So whatever you found in the diagnostic tool should also be what we need to make it work.

2. incrediclint

There is quite a bit you can do with the toolbar, and it's drag and drop, so editing toolbars is easy.

Screenshot 2014-11-19 09.04.54.png

3. ron2k_1

ron2k_1 calibuchi Senior Member

Weird huh. But if I swap them in the Diagnostic tool then swiping down to the bottom edge from the center of the screen gives me 1365 for? ?????, which is wrong as that is the value I should be getting as max when swiping to the right edge.

Well I thought that in HidCapture I had to subtract 8 from each Offset I got from the Diagnostic tool. So in HidCapture I tried 11, 9 for X, Y (I left Index 14 Default untouched), and started swiping. Nothing is being Registered in the "Results" slots for both X and Y. Then I added 8 to the values from the Diagnostic tool, so now I'm trying 27,25. Same thing, just 0s in the results box.

But if I try the exact values from Diagnostic tool [19,17] (which are the same values I discussed in length in the post you last quoted from me), then we're getting a nice buildup of numbers. Swiping straight down will sequentially increment the values in the Results for Y while results for X remain unchanged. Swiping straight to the right edge (beginning from the very edge on the left side of screen) builds up sequentially from 0 all the way to 32767 (Y is unchanged), which matches the "Raw Values" in the RawInputControlTest diagnostic tool. But as I said in my last sentence and previous post, the max that I'm getting on both X and Y results in HidCapture are not 1366x768, they are 32767x32767 if I swipe all the way to the bottom right corner.

Swiped from my Galaxy Note 8 using Tapatalk

4. ejoya

ejoya Pen Pal - Newbie

new version seems more stable now. still waiting for the keytoggle mouse support.

5. incrediclint

Ok, that's more clear. You are definitely on to the X/Y indexes, their just going from 0 - the maximum value that a SHORT data type can hold (32767).

So here's what we need to do now, in the diagnostic tool, set the indexs to 19/17. Then change the RAW max values to your screen resolution. Once that is done, check the ???? values and see if they are correct for the position of your finger on the screen. If it isn't, keep changing the Raw max value until the ????? do show the correct value. Once you've done that you will know your Raw Max value for the touch hardware and I can scale that to the proper coordinate.

That's the only purpose of the diagnostic tool, to find Raw Max values, but it's handy for other things too. :)

6. incrediclint

It's still on the 'To Finish' list. Before I finish adding that I have to get the activation/pen support to a more stable point. There is a lot I have to do to add that simply because of all the mouse/pen events I have to block when they are used as triggers as well.
    What I will do is enable what I have coded up already, and see how it goes for the next release.

The main problem with mouse toggles is that if we send a mouse button down command, any of them, all mouse commands get blocked until the corresponding up command is received. So the middle button for example works, but you have no way of shutting it off unless you have a physical middle button to press. I mentioned possible solutions to this in this post:
    http://forum.tabletpcreview.com/threads/radialmenu-0-3-1-204.64232/page-5#post-417541

Last edited: Nov 19, 2014
  7. ron2k_1

Ok. So this is how I know if I'm on the [and I quote] "correct for the position of your finger on the screen". If I touch the very top edge, I should get a 0 for "?????" Under Y and then buildup consistently if I swipe down. And if I touch the very left edge of screen I should get 0 for X's ????? and then buildup consistently if I swipe to the right.

So I changed the Raw Max to 1365/767 (1 pix less than the Res as those were my previous ????? Values). And it seems that all I did was to inverse the Raw Max and ?????. Because by default Raw Max was at 32752, and after changing it to the 1365/767 values, both Raw Value and ????? buildup at the same rate at the same values and both (the Raw Value and ?????) For both X and Y max out at 32767. Where do I go from there? You ask me to aim for the correct value of ?????, how do I know what is the correct value?

8. incrediclint

The ????? field should show you your screen resolution for the X/Y when you have the correct Raw Max.

So when you put your finger at the bottom right, ????? should show 1366 for X and 768 for Y.

If the ???? are showing the correct numbers (1366 and 768) and you have RawMax set to 1366/768, then that's your raw max (1366/768) and your done.

9. ron2k_1

But that's imposible! Because I already know what number needs to be in Raw Max for ????? to give me my res. Is 32752. Aren't we going in circles here?

10. incrediclint

So:
    Offset X = 19
    DataSize = Short
    RawMax = 32752
    RawValue = 0 - 32752
    ?????? = 0 - 1366

Offset Y = 17
    DataSize = short
    RawiMax = 32752