RadialMenu/Toolbar 0.4.6.326

Discussion in 'Software' started by incrediclint, Oct 15, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ron2k_1

ron2k_1 calibuchi Senior Member

Where did you get the 17 from? And as I said, if left the default values of 7/11/6, all these indexes are popping up in the results box: Index 2, Index 3, Index 6, Index 15...22

2. incrediclint

incrediclint Scribbler - Standard Member

Sounds right.

16/17 I was just using as an example.

The 7/11/6 are the three indexes (15/19/14) you found earlier but offset for the new way I'm collecting data.

In the 'result' box you should see the correct values for x(0-1366),y(0-768), and in range. If those are the right indexes. The list box isn't filtered by theses at all.

3. Gleurk

Gleurk Pen Pal - Newbie

Didn't test the last version yet but the fact that you're going fro the Touch+ Stylus is going to be a game changer...
    I had a stupid question cause it has been a long since i watch the thread and you're making new update so fast :)
    Is it possible to have buttons that are larger/and or longer than other?

For exemple if you want to make a slider buttons it can be cool to have a longer one. Is it already possible with this version?

Thanks

4. ron2k_1

I need some more guidance. Which one is the results area. And where are the res values building up, in the Index values or the hex lines? If I have it filtered for just those Indexes, why are all the other indexes jumping in? That's what has me puzzled.

See, this is what I'm seeing by a simple swipe to the right with one finger:
    [​IMG]
    If you got a chance to mark this up or give me some guidance will be immensely appreciated, as I'm lost here...

5. incrediclint

Yea, you can chang the button sizes.

6. incrediclint

Change the indexes in blue to what you think are the right ones and see if result shows the numbers we found last night.

For x, change the index until you see that the result text shows your x coordinate of your finger. (0 - 1366) etc...

So you can keep trying different indexes for x and result will show the actual number as you touch/move your finger.

HidCaptureXYINRANGE.png

Last edited: Nov 18, 2014
    ron2k_1 likes this.
  7. ron2k_1

Ok. That clear things a bit. But I got sort of bad news for you. In my previous post using RawInputDiagnotics tool we found out that Offsets X or Y values at 15 or 19 the ????? was 1366 for under X and 768 for Y (my screen Res). So inserting 7 and 11 into the new HidCapture showed no values under Results. So I went ahead and tested EACH of the 91 HID Arrays in pairs in X and Y at once (i.e. in one instance I input 1 and 2 in X and Y resp and swiped diagonally and observed if Results gave any data; if not, then enter 3 and 4 in X and Y resp and swiped diagonally again; if no results then 5 and 6 and so forth).

So, for the bad news. Doing it the way I did gave me no Index that when swiped all the way to the bottom right corner would have ended up in my screen resolution. Some came short and stopped around 127 or so, other were just erratic. So that's it! Unless, you have any ideas why that is happening, we seem to have found that X and Y Indexes are impossible to obtain in this machine... And I tried all of them several times, like at least 3 times starting from Index 1 all the way to 90. From 40 up, both X and Y results gave no values, so on my 3rd or 4th try, I didn't go beyond that.

I found this tho, but I'm pretty sure this is not what you're looking for. At [new] Index 19 for X and 17 for Y, the very top left corner registered 0 for both X and Y results. And at the bottom right both at 32767. It incremented constantly and sequentially for both X and Y results, and swiping straight accross to the right Y results didn't move but X results did and swiping straight down X results didn't move but Y did. Something I didn't see for any other value except for Y Index 22 where top edge was 0 and bottom was 127 but I couldn't find another one for X where far left edge would be 0 and far right would be x value.

Did I do anything wrong? Am I wrong in assuming that swiping to the far bottom right corner of the screen would have yielded results that match my screen resolution (1366 for X and 768 for Y)?

thanks

Ron

8. ron2k_1

I tried the RawInputControlTest tool and tried those Indexes as Offsets X and Y (adjusted by 8) and they are not registering anything on that tool. The previously reported 19 and 15 works tho, but only if I swipe to the bottom right corner. However, I made addtional tests on those offsets and discovered that if I swipe to the bottom edge from the center of the screen I don't really get 767 max. I get some other weird figure. So my offset for Y is wrong. I tried 17 and I'm getting the 767 swiped all the way down to the bottom edge from anywhere on the screen. And I also get 1365 when swiped all the way to the right form anywhere on the screen. And of course if I swipe to the bottom right corner then I'd get the 1365x768. So I tried 11 and 9 for X and Y resp and I got 0 results for both X and Y... weird huh!!!

9. incrediclint

Your device might use interleaved bit packing for x/y. I'll explain:

Each index is that array holds one value and that value can be between 0-255 (the zero counts!)(00 - FF in hex). Now obviously a maximum of 255 is too low to hold your x/y coordinate, so more then 1 index is needed to store the value, usually 2 indexes are used. Each index has 8 bits and each bit can be a 1 or 0. Each digit in those eight bits represents a number ... starting from the right those numbers would be 1,2,4,8,16,32,65, and 128. Every bit that is 1, you add the corresponding number to get the actual value. ---

00000001 = 1
    00000010 = 2
    00000100 = 4
    00000101 = 5 ( 4 + 1 )
    00001011 = 11 ( 8 + 2 + 1)

Now if you add all the values up in an index that has a binary value of 11111111 (FF in hex) you get 255, the max value a single index can hold. (that's a byte data type (8 bits)).

So we need 2 indexes to hold the x atleast which is 2 bytes (16 bits), or commonly called a short (integer). In that case we take 2 separate indexes and read them as a single number:

1st number = 00000010 = 2
    2nd number = 00000100 = 8

But if those 2 are read as a single Short (16 bits) value instead of a byte(8 bits) things change:
    (again, start counting from the right 1,2,4,8,16,32,64,128,512 etc.. and if the bit is a 1 add the number, if it's a 0 ignore the number in the count).

0000001000000100 = 520 ( 8 + 512).

I don't know if that clears things up any, but when you said your index was 15, the actual value would be stored in 15 AND in the next index 16, but read as a short (2 indexes or 16 bits) instead of a byte (single index or 8 bits).

Sometimes the X/Y coordinates are interleaved for example:
    index[15] & index[17] read as a SHORT (16 bits) = X
    index[16] & index[18] read as a SHORT (16 bits) = Y

Now in HidCapture, the X and Y indexes are setup to read shorts. So if you put in an X index of 15, the result box shows the value of index[15] combined with the value of index[16]. So for those X/Y indexes you should offset the Y by one additional index. So if you put in 22 for index X, you should put in 24 for index Y.

The InRange part shows just a single index's value though (8 bits), not combined like the other two, so you can use the inrange index to test single indexes. I'm going to add another set of boxes to HidCapture that you can enter indexes into and add them in different ways.

Last edited: Nov 19, 2014
  10. incrediclint

I just reread your post.
    Those indexes, 19 for X and 17 for Y should work if you put them into HIDcapture. Those should be your values and they should show up correctly in HidCapture. That's why I changed HidCapture, so it would match up with the Diagnostic and AHKHID data. It IS very strange that they would be backwards like that (Y before X).

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.