R25 in my hands...

Discussion in 'Toshiba' started by jeffreycentex, Jul 5, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. thedamian

thedamian Pen Pal - Newbie

What are your impressions of the keyboard? I checked one out at Circuit City after hearing that you bought one there, and noticed that the keyboard was the same size as the m400. This is sad that they did not change it, considering the widescreen 14" could provide adequate room for a normal notebook keyboard (instead the R25 & M7 have huge shortcut buttons). Does the size bother you when typing for long periods or switching between the laptop and a full size desktop keyboard?

2. dextran

dextran Pen Pal - Newbie

Does the keyboard feel off center to the right? I noticed that right of the enter key is PgUp,PgDwn, etc... Does that center the keyboard?

I agree they should have maximized the space for a larger keyboard. I have never found shortcut keys good for anything.

3. BenjaminRies

BenjaminRies Scribbler - Standard Member

I'm sure keeping the keyboard size standard with previous models means a huge cost savings in terms of manufacturing, design, and accessories like the plastic keyboard cover they sell.

Same goes for the Quadro, while we're at it... everybody complains that it isn't a GeForce 7800, but no doubt they've managed to cut down on both unit cost, power consumption and heat by taking things a notch lower.

You win some, you lose some. That's all I'm saying

4. jeffreycentex

jeffreycentex Pen Pal - Newbie

It seems noticeably smaller, but I don't have a problem using it... The off-center part does bother me, but I will learn to live with it (My left hand wants to shift more to the left where I would be pressing CapsLock/A/S/D instead of the A/S/D/F keys).

5. BenjaminRies

BenjaminRies Scribbler - Standard Member

Planning on showing us some pics anytime soon? All we've seen are official product shots; nothing real-world.

6. jeffreycentex

See Attached Photos...

Attached Files:

7. jeffreycentex

Two more of the screen in action (1 showing Windows Explorer and 1 showing my background and TIP panel).

Also, note that I am not using the Toshiba installed OS. I rolled my own install CD so I could get rid of the last vestiges of Toshiba software that wasn't needed.

Attached Files:

8. PYROTAK

PYROTAK Scribbler - Standard Member

toshiba is clearly retarded with making such HUGE media keys, that make the keyboard off center to boot!

9. poetdante

poetdante Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

toshiba was retarded to have all their new tablets without a 14.1 tablet that wasnt' widescreen. or is there one?

10. NiVeDh

NiVeDh Pen Pal - Newbie

I wanted an M7 but since it's backordered until 08/11, I think I'll also get this one from Circuit City. It's a great deal.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.