R1F wireless problems

Discussion in 'Asus' started by Chiii!!!, Nov 7, 2006.

1. Chiii!!!

Chiii!!! Pen Pal - Newbie

I found that when using the computer for more than 2 hours (in best performance mode) sometimes the wireless device switches off itself , and when you try to turn it on ( Fn+F2) the computer freezes. It's compeltely random :confused:

Anyone here with an R1F has experienced this? Any suggestions what it can possibly be?

2. saranya

saranya Pen Pal - Newbie

under the device properties for the wireless device, make sure to turn off "let windows turn off device" when not in use.

that might be the problem.

as far as the freezing, it's because the factory install of asus is less than perfect. it's always better to do a fresh install if you know how.

3. mikerogers

mikerogers Pen Pal - Newbie

Yes I too have experienced this, but I don't believe I've had the computer freeze when trying to reactivate it.
    See my post in the " R1f small review from Poland – disappointed" thread.
    Of course I completely forgot to try turning off "let windows turn off device" when not in use. Must try that, thanks!

4. Chiii!!!

Chiii!!! Pen Pal - Newbie

Thanks for the reply, but that didn't worked for me, I received an email from asus telling me that there's no reported fault like mine, so maybe my R1F is faulty. Since it's only 4 days old I'll try to get it replaced on th shop where I bought it.