R1F Vista RTM and Standby Issues

Discussion in 'Asus' started by Pyxus, Nov 25, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. andy

andy Pen Pal - Newbie

Hi

Running Vista RTM have followed all threads on drivers from Asus Treiber and have full functionality apart from lack of Finger Print software. My question relates to waking the machine from sleep, I seem to get random problems. Sometimes the machine appears to wake with the power and bluetooth indicator lights on full but no screen or drive activity and no way of using the machine without a reboot.

Has anyone else experienced anything similar, I guess it must be a driver problem but am stumped. I have run full diagnostics including memory checks and everything seems to be okay. The rest of the features and functions work fine.

Anyone got any ideas?

2. alphaswift

alphaswift Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

Good work on getting Vista going.

I actually have the same problem sometimes with XP, especially if the tabby was in 'tablet' mode and I am awaking it in 'laptop' mode. I just learned the 'Windows key' + 'U' + 'R' sequence to reboot the system properly.

Are you running Vista 64 or 32? Did you find all the drivers at the Asus Trieber site or did you find some software somewhere else?

3. andy

andy Pen Pal - Newbie

Hi alphaswift

I am running 32 bit Vista and am using the Intel sourced beta graphics driver and the other drivers from the Trieber site. Everything else has come from Microsoft Update.

Sleep issues are a problem cos I am constantly on the move around the office and like to be able to shut the lid and then reawake on demand.

4. flow

flow Pen Pal - Newbie

Hi there guys,

Great to see you got all going on vista......
    i am having lots of issues.......

first I too am getting your stand by issue....sometimes I only have the bulb led on on a sleep or hibernate and the machine just won't come back...even holding power for 10 seconds does not work.....way around it is to remove battery and then turn on as usual....!! bit crazy....

I got sound to work with the new November Sound drivers, but only via the headphones....the speakers are still dead (no sound out of them at ll)

Mic, works with these drivers also (note microsoft update rollsback to a driver set that has no sound or mic!!)

Bios upgrade seemed to handle the wifi, but it has issues starting WPA connections (appears to be mixing the wifi and Local LAN (ethernet) network connection names...very confusing.....but recently it seems to be working again......really weird...

I need to try the drive on the .de site you guys mentioned for the hardware screen rotation, but the bios seemed to have sorted he brightness etc controls (but also I have no wifi on or touchpad on/off butons working)

for a laptop that has been certifed, this thing is a real joke !! "Premium" my ass!! if this is what they call premium, then heaven help us with "Ultimate"...!!

Anyone mkeing full list of drivers to get the entire machine up to scratch....perhaps a sticky page on the ASUS group ?

Thanks and I appreciate any help on the speakers....

FLOW

5. Pyxus

Pyxus Pen Pal - Newbie

flow,
    there is a reset 'hole' underneath the tablet. you don't need to remove the battery for hard reset...
    Let's hope that Asus is working on a good, working set of Vista drivers...may be released by Jan 30th?