R1f Tablet issue

Discussion in 'Asus' started by docta b, Mar 2, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. docta b

docta b Pen Pal - Newbie

Hey everyone,

I searched but didnt find the exact problem I am having. I was hoping someone could shed some light on this. I've recently found that when i am writing with the tablet, the screen will RANDOMLY rotate to another orientation on its own. I'll literally be in the middle of writing something, the screen will flicker and then switch to another rotation and I cannot figure out why. I have not updated any drivers for the WACOM feature but i did get the new intel 945 chipset drivers that windows update found and installed. I am not sure if that is the problem though because i installed those a while back and used the tablet with no problems until just a day or two ago. Any ideas on what i can do to fix this? reinstall something or update a driver or something? Thanks for the help.

DCB.

2. Grinner

Grinner Pen Pal - Newbie

I know it's a really stupid suggestion, but have you set the hold switch on the side of the display correctly?
    I also occasionally hit one of the buttons while inking in slate mode and it can be annoying :D

3. docta b

docta b Pen Pal - Newbie

haha yea, i did check and make sure it wasnt that. It's definitely not..just randomly switches orientations on its own whether im touching the laptop or not. Thanks for the post tho.

4. Grinner

Grinner Pen Pal - Newbie

hmm, then that is odd. try unchecking the 'use hotkeys' box in the intel graphics driver panel and see if it still happens. If it doesn't, it may be a hardware problem with the sensor in the display joint.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.