R1F Stylus Pen

Discussion in 'Asus' started by PROPortable, Oct 20, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. P8RSON

P8RSON Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

Yes, as I mentioned above, we do need a standardised pen.

Unlike PDA's with differing barrels to accomodate the stylus, it would be simple and straightforward to implement a 'pen-for-all' for the tabletpc.

About 2yrs ago I campaigned to Boxwave to make a Styra for the Fujitsu Siemens Pocket Loox 720.
    This was successful and gave the users a much better stylus than that offered by the manufacturer Fujitsu Siemens.
    Wacom could do the same, paying for costs in manufacturing and all tablet manufacturers would need do is adopt a standardised size.

2. sxm

sxm Pen Pal - Newbie

you can order pens from wacom's website, but they are not "standardized" because there is no standard pen size. its up to the manufacturer to customize their notebook and silo for the pen.

the pens on wacoms site are probably as "standard" as you can get.

3. P8RSON

P8RSON Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

Yes... I know...
    That's why I said it would be beneficial to owners of tablets to have a standardised pen.

4. Tsukiyomi

Tsukiyomi Scribbler - Standard Member

That is exactly what they need to do - instead of taking the wacom technology and putting it into some shell of a certain size they design, they should just use a standardized Wacom pen for tablets, perhaps with the difference that they have the manufacturer's logo on it instead. But it is still just a standard wacom pen instead of a different pen for all manufacturers, which may have different pens for each model too...

5. mikemead

mikemead Pen Pal - Newbie

Hi,
    I just have a R1F and I have the same pb with pen > as soon as you put it in the slot, you get a bad scratch. Putting it in and out is scratching the pen really badly as you don't insert it always exactly in the same position. Lucky I read your review, I kept my pen in my pocket...

++

6. PROPortable

PROPortable Scribbler - Standard Member

They tried to make it fancy... it's not going to kill the pen slot though, so it's not the end of the world :)

Just so you know, I got the price list for the accessories..
    Extra Stylus: $39
    Main Battery: $140
    Optical Bay Battery: $140

That won't be in for probably 4-6 weeks.

Back to the stylus itself, I was given a stylus that's also a regular pen and it's really fancy... I think it's a cross or mont blanc, I'll have to find it, but I used it this summer when we got in the demo because they didn't ship it to us with a stylus... and it fit perfectly in the slot. If you're looking for something highend, that was it.... but I think there are certainly more out there if you're like to try to personalize it.

7. Tsukiyomi

Tsukiyomi Scribbler - Standard Member

I just use a Cintiq pen on it - not as great as the Cross pen (it looks really nice! and too expensive for me) but more useful - it has two buttons instead of the standard one, but it doesn't have the ability to write normally. It also doesnt have any clips or anything, so I have to keep it in the case separately.. thus, if you have to keep your pen separate, might as well make it a good one

It's something to look into, the included pen, I'm just using as a backup.

8. PROPortable

PROPortable Scribbler - Standard Member

Very true... I know people who wouldn't be caught dead with a Parker pen - so you can imagine those people when they own tablets.

9. hobbyshop

hobbyshop Pen Pal - Newbie

does a fancier stylus glide better on the screen or anything? what is the main benefit of a different stylus.. other than it looks cool and may have more buttons?

10. sxm

sxm Pen Pal - Newbie

would be great if you can post a picture of this pen..

sounds really nice.. i would probably pay 80-100 if it has ink and is wacom compatible. does it have buttons or an "eraser"?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.