R1F Screen Protectors?

Discussion in 'Asus' started by eva04, Oct 26, 2006.

1. P8RSON

P8RSON Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

Nice..... in all my tender 53 (nearly 54) tender years, I've never come across it used before.

....and thanks alphaswift for the vote in confidence :)

2. Loaf.

Loaf. Scribbler - Standard Member

because its much cheaper to replace a scratched pen than a scratched screen. What would be neat is if they removed the grainy layer so it was smooth and had like a felt tip stylus or something. I imagine it would feel like writing on a dry erase board or something which would be nice.

3. supernova

supernova Pen Pal - Newbie

If the screen protector is passive, how does the waccom technology work? I assume it's not embedded into the LCD itself as that would be pricey to make. Is it sitting behind the LCD? How does it recognise the hovering pen when used like a mouse? Can't be magnets as the pen tip is not metallic? Or is it? Can someone do a little lesson on this please, without using a periodic table.

4. eva04

eva04 Scribbler - Standard Member

No no, i meant.. have an overlayplus screen protector on it. It's glossy and smooth. ZERO graininess. Have that and this 'felt tipped' pen stylus. Even if it were to get scratched up, just replace the screen protector! (tho it's pretty damn scratch resistant)

Cheers,
    Will