R1F Screen Protectors?

Discussion in 'Asus' started by eva04, Oct 26, 2006.

1. eva04

eva04 Scribbler - Standard Member

Hi,
    I've noticed more R1F owners are popping up on forums. So i was wondering if any of you knew where i could get a -good- R1F screen protector. I heard Bstrong make the best. However they're over worked at the moment and i think they even took their site down at some stage... in any case they dont have one for the R1F.. also emailed martin fields from overlayplus regarding it, they dont do custom screen protectors.....

Cheers,
    Will

2. Pezhead

Pezhead Pen Pal - Newbie

I'm pretty sure it comes with one installed. I can see the edge around the screen and it fits great - less than .1 mm gap.

3. supernova

supernova Pen Pal - Newbie

Given today's technology, why then are the screen protectors grainy?

4. eva04

Pez: Yeah i thought so too (that might explain the graininess) but how sure are you of this? Have you tried peeling it off? The way i see it, its not a screen protector, but the actual slate that's put on top that's part of the screen itself. I think i've confused myself but yeah, its the layer that differs tablets from lcds, this one being less flexible hence no smudging when pressure is applied.

supernova: I don't want to sound like i'm promoting, but Martin Field screen protectors are not grainly at all. I own one for an xda mini and ipod video. I don't think it uses an adhesive but it sticks on really well and it has a gloss finish! Heck i'd say using it would make the damn thing look better than stock. check it out at http://www.overlayplus.com. Maybe if we all pester them to custom make one to fit the R1F they will add it to their catalogue!

Cheers,
    Will

Last edited by a moderator: May 18, 2015
  5. Loaf.

Loaf. Scribbler - Standard Member

you might be able to peel off the layer on the tablet just like the m400. not sure though. may wanna call asus support to see if they know anything about it.

6. P8RSON

P8RSON Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

Don't forget having a graininess on your screen, be it from a protector or from the screen itself helps in providing a little resistance when using the pen ~ thus the pen feels more natural in usage.

7. alphaswift

alphaswift Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

QFT .....and now I have to add more characters to allow this message to save :p

8. P8RSON

P8RSON Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

QFT.... Quoted For Truth???

9. SimsHsia

SimsHsia "I will do science to it" Senior Member

Yes, QFT means quoted for truth; meaning the quote above the member's response agrees with it and it stands true.

10. eva04

I'd give up the graininess for less friction/realism in regards to writing on the screen ANYDAY. Why couldn't they make the stylus tip give the 'pen' friction/sensation/feeling/graininess instead of the screen!