R1F Rotate Button

Discussion in 'Asus' started by Pyxus, Oct 21, 2006.

1. Tsukiyomi

Tsukiyomi Scribbler - Standard Member

On my R1, the rotate button only alternates between "Primary Portrait" and "Primary Landscape." Does anyone know how to configure it to do secondary landscape? I like to turn it into tablet mode, but still have the screen's relative up pointing at the hinge, rather than keeping the same "up" position as before turning, (ie having the start menu on the same place, and hence upside down),

2. PROPortable

PROPortable Scribbler - Standard Member

you mean you want landscape mode even when you're using it as a tablet?

I believe you'd do that in the display setting, I'll have to take a look..... you can do it though.

3. Tsukiyomi

Tsukiyomi Scribbler - Standard Member

I found how to do it, for anyone else who wants landscape while in tablet mode, with the hinge facing away from you:

1. Open Control panel
    2. Open the Intel Graphics panel
    3. Display settings
    4. Choose the orientation you want

Unfortunately, you have to do this every time you want to change the orientation, the R1's hardware button defaults to 0 or 270 degree rotation. I personally just prefer the 180 position for landscape mode - with the hinge facing away from me, so I don't have to flip the tablet around to use it for drawing, just leave it in the same position.

4. PROPortable

PROPortable Scribbler - Standard Member

Yeah, that's how you'd change it... but in terms of the button, I'm fairly certain you're can reprogram it.

5. Pyxus

Pyxus Pen Pal - Newbie

for a shortcut, you can do just what venerable Tsukiyomi posted above and save it as a scheme ( button in the upper right corner of the Intel control panel). Name it as "landscape" for instance, and Save. next time you right click on the desktop, you'll get a "scheme " item in the menu and a "landscape" Sub-menu-click that and here you go!