R1F Modular Battery

Discussion in 'Asus' started by professoraxim, Oct 30, 2007.

1. kerrigjl

kerrigjl Pen Pal - Newbie

I'm having a bit of a problem finding the modular battery online anywhere other than ExcaliberPC for $109, and since I always like to price compare, I was wondering where you guys bought yours. Thanks!

2. SimsHsia

SimsHsia "I will do science to it" Senior Member

I'm not an Asus R1F owner, but there is MilestonePC, which has been mentioned in these forums, as well as a forum user here, that is offering the modular bay battery for $149.

PROPortable is selling it at $149 as well, yet another retailer that has been recommended in these forums and forum user here, however from what I last saw (in July/August), the owner has temporarily halted orders for a crisis in his family (or friends family). However this may have changed since then, and Justin (the owner) is accepting orders.

BTO offers it as well at $129, look under Legacy Model Batteries.

3. The Niles

The Niles Scribbler - Standard Member

I can't give you other options as I'm not from the US but I can say that I wish I had been able to buy it for $109 or even for $149. In the Netherlands the modular battery is very hard to come by and the few shops that sell it have a virtual monopoly. I had to pay €178 for mine. It was worth the money but I do feel ript off.

4. leaftye

leaftye Old timer Super Moderator

I would also check with LaptopAuthority. I would buy from them before MilestonePC.

5. scrambler

scrambler Scribbler - Standard Member

Stay away from MilestonePC US, the guy running it has disapeared, and nothing gets processed (but they do take your money).

I initially ordered mine there (as I bought my R1F there last year), but after over a month of no communications, I re ordered one from ExcaliberPC.
    http://www.excaliberpc.com/ASUS_Notebook_Accessory_6-Cell/90-NGA1B1000/partinfo-id-571097.html

I got it two days later.

Now I am left trying to fight the Paypal charges with Milestone. Paypal ruled in my favor but is unable to reverse the charges so far as Milestone accounts seem to be empty or blocked.

6. EXcaliberPC

EXcaliberPC Pen Pal - Newbie

We have all accessories (Primary battery, modular battery, stylus pen and HDD housing kit.) for Asus R1 in stock and ready to ship, please feel free to raise any questions you might have. Thanks!

7. professoraxim

professoraxim Pen Pal - Newbie

I just purchased my modular battery from EXcaliberPC, after reading many positive reviews (I always do my homework, and I am picky who I buy from). I can say that the purchasing experience was nothing short of excellent. I placed my order Thursday, and received the battery Monday. I will definitely order from them again when I need components.

prof-ax