R1F Missing!!!

Discussion in 'Asus' started by Mech_Engr, Mar 2, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mech_Engr

Mech_Engr Pen Pal - Newbie

Hey Guys !!

Does anybody have any idea why most of canadian resellers doesnt have ASUS R1 listing on their sites. I tried to compare prices yesterday ,but today when I opened few sites the listing is not there anymore .What does that mean that ASUS R1 will no longer be avialable in the market ??? or anything else?????

2. CB_VanCity

CB_VanCity Pixel Pusher

3. Gautam

Gautam Moderator

MilestonePC.com is Canada based. You shouldn't have trouble ordering a R1F through them.

4. deepak

deepak Scribbler - Standard Member

well i thought that too but then i realized that many resellers actually have it but they don't put it up on their site. One of the reasons could be cause they can only get it for you through a special order.

some of the places you can get it:
    www.milestonepc.com ----- recommended
    www.pacificnotebooks.com ---- recommended
    www.tigerdirect.ca ---- very expensive!
    OTA computers (college/spadina)
    www.canadacomputers.com ---- cheapest, however special order only $1749!
    www.ncix.com

also try to visit the college/spadina area in downtown toronto, there are a lot of computer shops there and you can inquire if it is possible to special order and what price.

5. Essence

Essence Pen Pal - Newbie

Starting in March, MS has asked all notebook makers to ship systems with Vista business only. Chances are, you would be hardly pressed find a R1F with XP Tablet version now. Later on you will see more vista R1's in the market. As far as I know for now, ncix has R1 vista w/ an approx turnaround time of 2-5 days. FYI premier computers and pc village also have R1 vista showing up on their websites.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.