R1F: Is there anything it can't do?

Discussion in 'Asus' started by Loaf., Nov 1, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. alphaswift

alphaswift Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

So today is the first day of decent weather in Ottawa in about a month. I decided to ignore the temperature (2C/35F) and ride my motorcycle to work.

Happily, the R1F is a perfect fit for my Joe Rocket tank bag. I put the R1F in it's sleeve, sleeve in the bag, and off to work I went. It's nice having a laptop that I don't have to strap on to the bike behind me or wear a backpack to carry.

Yay for the 13.3" form factor.

2. MilestonePC.com

MilestonePC.com Scribbler - Standard Member

haha, great to hear that, so you don't use the Sleeve that ASUS provides?
    Or the Bag that ASUS provides?

Also do you carry the AC Adapter too? Or is there a sufficient amount of batterylife so that you don't have to carry the AC adapter?

Just asking so that others can and feel what you go through and your opinion these situtations.

Thanks and enjoy!

3. alphaswift

alphaswift Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

Yep, I am using the sleeve. I was pretty happy to have it, too. I wouldn't want to put my virginal ( read: scratch-free ) R1F in the tank bag. I did put in the adapter, mouse and my Ipod in the bag without problems.

IMO the bag, while high quality, has a certain effeminate look to it, so I'm not sure I'd ever use it....keep in mind I have a biker image to maintain ;)

The wife said she'd use it if I didn't...so there's her Christmas present I guess :D ( I wish it would be that easy )

4. PROPortable

PROPortable Scribbler - Standard Member

The answer is yes... of course... but I get what you're saying. I'm glad you're enjoying it.

5. eva04

eva04 Scribbler - Standard Member

I haven't seen anything it cant do.. but according to Supernova its a chick magnet!

6. Loaf.

Loaf. Scribbler - Standard Member

can it somehow swallow those unsightly shiny stickers that cover the majority of the palm rests? :D

i'll probably get to work on the stickers over the weekend. any advice on removing them?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.