R1F: Discount program

Discussion in 'Asus' started by PROPortable, Oct 3, 2006.

1. hobbyshop

hobbyshop Pen Pal - Newbie

For those who know PROPortable, they have a discount program for those on the Notebook Review Forum (the notebook side of this forum.. they're the same i think). http://forum.notebookreview.com/showthread.php?t=42307

On there, it says that the discount doesn't apply to advanced orders, like the R1F. But in an email with Justin, he is going to extend the student discount/gift for the R1F pre-orders as well!! Just thought I'd let you guys know.

•Options:
    A: FREE Logitech Bluetooth Notebook Mouse($75 value)with any purchase of any full system (ensemble or custom).
    OR
    B: Student Discount FREE 2Day Shipping on any full system (ensemble or custom) with the scan or fax of a current student ID in the name of the purchaser of the system.

I've been exchanging many emails with Justin from PROPortable about the R1F over the past month or so, and I've been extremely impressed with his passion and understanding of ASUS products - some of his innovations have even been adopted by ASUS in some of their new products. He is THE pioneer for ASUS in North America, and has a longstanding relationship with ASUS overseas. Needless to say, I ordered my R1F from him...

Just go to http://proportable.com/detail.aspx?ID=187 and order the backordered (pre-order) R1F, and put in your notebook review handle and email in the additional info section of the order form, and you'll get the discount. no hassles no worries.

He also said that if there was a large number of orders, he could even do something better, so who knows.

2. Tsukiyomi

Tsukiyomi Scribbler - Standard Member

That sounds like a great deal, do you have any idea what the bluetooth mouse's model is? (I already have a BT mouse and I wouldn't need another unless this one is better than what I have already). But hey! Thats a good deal on the R1F - seriously considering buying it.

3. hobbyshop

hobbyshop Pen Pal - Newbie

mmm.. not sure what model. it's a $75 value, so hopefully a fancy one. haa! i don't have a bluetooth mouse, and searching on ebay, they're pretty expensive...

but really, i ordered from PROportable because they've been around the longest since they're the best. if you talk to justin, he really knows what he's talking about, so i would trust him with my prized R1F purchase. ha! it was only after i ordered and i was talking to him that he decided to open up the discount to pre-orders as well. so.. for me it's a bonus.

and if there's a big demand, he could possibly do more.

4. Tsukiyomi

Tsukiyomi Scribbler - Standard Member

Then I got to thank you for talking to him and getting the rest of us the chance to get into this discount program. The one I have already was 75$, so I was just wondering. Though the free shipping is nice too - 2nd day air is expensive.

5. PROPortable

PROPortable Scribbler - Standard Member

Hey, ok, so this was the thread you were talking about... Well the discount program isn't just for the R1, it's forum wide for all members on all notebooks and so on. I'm going to be making an option change to offer something else besides a bluetooth notebook mouse and that is to include a bluetooth, express card remote control. Really, this is more of an ideal option for W2 buyers as it's really for media center edition, but some people may rather it.