R1F Bluetooth Stack

Discussion in 'Asus' started by Jurisprudence, May 22, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. josh

josh Pen Pal - Newbie

Just got the R1F last week. I'm very happy with the laptop. I haven't experienced any of the issues that others have reported on the forums. I do however have some problems with the default bluetooth drivers that comes with Windows Vista (32bit). From what I gather the default drivers with Vista don't support AD2P among other things so I'm having problems pairing up my Jabra BT620. Does anyone know what type of bluetooth stack the R1F uses and where I can get the latest vista drivers for them? My tablet came preinstalled with Windows Vista Business and the default vista bluetooth drivers. Thanks!

Josh

2. kwokzon

kwokzon Pen Pal - Newbie

Last edited by a moderator: May 18, 2015
  3. docta b

docta b Pen Pal - Newbie

Hi everyone,

I am actually having a problem with connecting my bluetooth headset to my new r1f. I tried to go to this website above but i think the site is down. Has anyone found another way to fix this problem or where to get updated bluetooth stack files or something? Thanks for your help

4. Kib

Kib Pen Pal - Newbie

Heh heh, yeah I went to the above site and if it is the same as it's always been, I certainly don't know what to do with it. Please advise! :)

5. dmo145

dmo145 Pen Pal - Newbie

So did we ever figure out what stacks the r1F can support? I was thinking of buying a bluetooth headset myself. Does it support the A2DP stack?

6. alphaswift

alphaswift Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

I purchased the MS BT mouse ( Wireless 8000 model ) and needed to install the MS BT stack, replacing the Toshiba stack that comes with the R1F. The MS BT stack supports both MS and the Logitech device. It also connects my Motorola headset, my Ipaq and my Motorola RAZR phone.

7. docta b

docta b Pen Pal - Newbie

Hey,

so do you guys think toshiba has an updated version of its bluetooth stack for the r1f? i tried looking for it but didnt find anything...or i guess the only other option is to get a MS BT mouse, install the software and then return it if you dont need it...any other ideas to get our headsets to connect?

thanks

8. alphaswift

alphaswift Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

You can just download the MS BT Mouse drivers from their website. Although if you are using XP, you should be able to activate it through Device Manager after uninstalling the Toshiba drivers.

9. docta b

docta b Pen Pal - Newbie

Hey everyone,

So i tried installing the MS bt drivers as mentioned above and it didnt seem to make any difference, i still had the same window show up asking for drivers for the headset. It's a motorola v3 headset. Anyone have any updates on this issue? I've heard of some ppl using the broadcomm bluetooth drivers recently, but havent tried that yet. Thanks.

10. docta b

docta b Pen Pal - Newbie

I guess a better question would be: if anyone has a bluetooth headset that DOES work in vista can you please share what model it is? I think ive given up on getting my motorola h3 headset to work so id like to get one that others have had no issues with. Thanks!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.