R1F Audio jack static sounds

Discussion in 'Asus' started by son_goku, Nov 26, 2007.

1. eva04

eva04 Scribbler - Standard Member

Wow that's great news. Hopefully an XP version will come out soon so I can see (or hear rather) for myself.

Cheers n thanks for the update Alph =)

2. Kib

Kib Pen Pal - Newbie

Static problem appears to be resolved on new R1, mine shipped a short time ago, and there is no static. Most likely they fixed whatever the problem was with a hardware update, so new ones shouldn't have that problem henceforward. :)

3. Grinner

Grinner Pen Pal - Newbie

well the driver didn't do anything for me. I guess a Hardwareupdate is the only solution. Kinda sucks.

4. eva04

eva04 Scribbler - Standard Member

Hi Kib, welcome to the thread. Could you please tell me where and in which country you got your R1F and exact date of purchase. I contacted the Asus representative tech today who said there are no revisions of the R1F and the engineers are still working on a new motherboard.

If you do believe it has been hardware reworked. My first obvious guess would be the power and earphone jacks would be placed away from eachother. Could you please check whether the ports have been relocated. I guess checking for changes in the shielding and actual board circuitary would be out of the question. I guess thats all that could be done for us.

Cheers,
    Will

5. son_goku

son_goku Pen Pal - Newbie

Hi, I found out by chance that the audio static goes away when the CPU is busy, i.e., there is absolutely *no* static when the cpu is working heavily all the time, that is, continuously. Choosing the "battery saving" modus and letting some program that occupies the cpu run in parallel to listening to audio works just fine.

Otherwise, the static is much more pronounced when I move a window on the screen.

I also found that the static varies a lot between different type of headphones. I have some old noise canceling from Bose, active type (work only as headphones when turned on), there is absolutely no static. Other noise cancelling headphones from panasonic, with actually better cancellation than the Bose one (but also working as normal headphones without the noise cancelling effect when not turned on): the static is well audible whether noise cancelling is turned on or off.

BTW, I have the latest audio drivers for XP installed.

Indeed a very weird problem ...