R1E!!! In stock!!!

Discussion in 'Asus' started by lionfish42, Nov 20, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. helinus

helinus Pen Pal - Newbie

I have no idea, but with the original release date being the same and the silence from Asus i wouldn't be surprised if the release date was pushed back worldwide.

2. chinesefireball121

chinesefireball121 Scribbler - Standard Member

PortableOne doesn't deal with Fujitsu. I asked Ivan about getting a T4220, and he passed me onto T3 and they gave quite a good quote on the T4220 (cheaper then laptop authority).

I've rung up Asus Australia a few times and didn't have a problem with them. When I asked them about the R1E they had no idea what I was talking about, but they always took the time to find out for me.

31st of december is a long time to wait. Won't be happy at all if that happens.

Last edited by a moderator: May 18, 2015
  3. w1nter

w1nter Pen Pal - Newbie

Hm... I'm just disppointed with the fact that the R1E is likely to be delayed again.

Chinesefireball,

I'm located in Sydney, and on the various occasions that i called Asus, their Rep was quiet rude, sort of gave the impression that they did not want to be on the phone.

At this point i'm not sure what i will do, i may opt to get a laptop rather than a talet should my PC die, i cant really wait anymore.

Ivan is a really good person to deal with, but i must say that i would not have considered the purchase but for the fact that Ivan said that they would be in the following week...

4. chinesefireball121

I'm glad I'm not in your situation, w1nter. I'm nearly finish uni for the year (last exam on thursday :D), so it isn't too essential, but at if it is delayed until decemeber - well i would have rather waited and probably got a better deal.

5. Bakunin

Bakunin Pen Pal - Newbie

you know what is ironic; the name of this thread is:
    "R1E!!! In stock!!!"

yeah, right

6. w1nter

w1nter Pen Pal - Newbie

Chinesefireball,
    Lucky you, my exams hasn't even starter yet. December is definitely too long to wait, i'll be on holidays by then.

Bakunin,
    What you say has already be discussed, perphaps you should read the presious post.

All,
    Anyone have any ideas whether the delay is due to the arrival of penryn, I mean intel has officially released penryn and it is understood that penryn would not run on the current santa rosa due to a difference in the figures produced by the AMT technology. Though this is something that the computer companies could tweak

7. chinesefireball121

I really doubt the R1E will have penryn - why would they advertise the R1E with:

taken from here when they will actually feature penryn processors?

8. lionfish42

lionfish42 Pen Pal - Newbie

That was my fault :eek:

I called Portable One and spoke to someone and they thought they had it, I think the confussion was the R1F over R1E.

Anyway - sorry...

9. alphaswift

alphaswift Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

Mobile Penryn is expected in first quarter of 2008.

There's an article describing the Penryn server chip launch here

10. steven

steven Pen Pal - Newbie

I just got an email from Ivan telling me that they will get the machines next monday. At least thats what apparently Asus told P1, so lets just hope thats it and there will be no further delays.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.