R1E!!! In stock!!!

Discussion in 'Asus' started by lionfish42, Nov 20, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jhs

jhs Pen Pal - Newbie

Just wondering if anyone actually got a hold of a R1E yet?

I've started paying attention to the R1E after waited long enough for the Dell XT. I certainly hope the R1E does not end up like the Dell XT.

I find it a bit strange that Asus's own website does not mention the R1E at all...

Preparing to be a first time tablet owner, I was wondering if anyone can share their experiences with the wear/tear of the tablet screen by the stylus.

Thanks.

JHS

2. jerelyn

jerelyn Scribbler - Standard Member

If you read the few posts before yours, you'll see that everyone on this thread is still waiting for them to land. :) Next week seems the most likely.

3. chinesefireball121

chinesefireball121 Scribbler - Standard Member

It is mentioned - but only on the global site so far.

I do not own a tablet (yet) either, but I have not seen any complaints about the screen being scratched badly (mostly tiny little ones you can only see in certain light, that quite often end up being sratches through the oil on the screen, not the actual screen)

Early next week doesn't sound promising - hope it comes sooner :)

4. w1nter

w1nter Pen Pal - Newbie

Chinesefireball,

Did you get an email from Ivan regarding the tablet to be shipped next week (maybe)??

I can't access my email at the moment, but this wait is starting to become a little out of hands , especially when everyone has paid

5. jerelyn

jerelyn Scribbler - Standard Member

Can't argue with you w1nter. I really wish that P1 had marked the R1E as "Pre-Order" when they first put it up, so that we had an expectation of "Soon, we think, but no one knows for sure" rather than "we'll have them next week". Hopefully they'll learn from this to err on the safe side and mark models as pre-order even if they think it'll just be a few days.

6. w1nter

w1nter Pen Pal - Newbie

At this point, i just really need a pc, i cant do anything much on my outdated notebook at the moment

7. chinesefireball121

chinesefireball121 Scribbler - Standard Member

w1nter - I haven't got an email from Ivan saying early next week. In the last email I got (dated 7/11) he said later this week they should be able to ship them. Steven at the bottom of the last page said early next week

8. Moshe

Moshe Pen Pal - Newbie

I got an email from Ivan today - he's quite frustrated with Asus right now. They're apparently not communicating very well.

I called Asus directly, and they said that while they had initially planned an October release, it was pushed back to November due to shipping delays and other issues in Taiwan. According to Asus, the R1E has officially been released as of last week - but that it may take a while for the resellers to get them.

Ivan is one of the most trustworthy and straightforward business-people I've ever had the pleasure of dealing with, and I have no doubt that he'll drive over to Asus himself if need be as soon as those puppies are in!

9. w1nter

w1nter Pen Pal - Newbie

I'm not doubting Ivans service, but i did like a possible date which both Ivan and Asus could agree on. At this point my computer takes over 10 minutes to open a 100mb word document

10. w1nter

w1nter Pen Pal - Newbie

Chinesefireball,

Have you heard anything from Ivan today?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.