R15 Replacement?

Discussion in 'Toshiba' started by PowerMatt, May 2, 2006.

1. PowerMatt

PowerMatt Pen Pal - Newbie

I'm looking to buy a convertible notebook within the next 3-4 months. I was looking at the R15, as it seems to be the best bang for the buck. I called the Toshiba Direct people, but it seems that it's been discontinued. They said a replacement for it is about three weeks away, and will be running a dual-core processor. He also said it'd be priced around $1300-1400. Any ideas as to what the next convertible Satellite will be?

2. blblblbl

blblblbl Pen Pal - Newbie

did the rep tell you what type of screen it has?

3. PowerMatt

Sorry, didn't think to ask. Seems like it will probably be a 14.1 inch screen like the R15, but that's just a guess on my part.

4. BrianFL426

BrianFL426 Pen Pal - Newbie

so theres gonna be some dual-core w/ dedicated graphics tablet out from toshiba coming out soon?

5. CorlanMcD

CorlanMcD Pen Pal - Newbie

Man, I'd just go with the R15. ONLY because it is the best tablet for $1000 and below; and works for budget people. For some... $1300 - $1400 ain't cutting it; like me.

6. PowerMatt

That was what he said. He was probably guessing, and that was probably their MSRP. It'll probably be much closer to $1000 from companies like Amazon. I'd go for an R15, but quite likely by the time I can afford one, there won't be any left to buy. There aren't that many now, and most are refurbished. I saw a single new one at Amazon yesterday.

7. poetdante

poetdante Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

well I got my r15 back in july for 1600 lol.

as for the duo core tablet, maybe he was behind the times and thinking about the m400

8. PowerMatt

I'm pretty sure he said it was a replacement for the R15. I don't think he meant the M400. In fact he reccomended that one to me, but I said I wanted something closer to the $1000 price point. That's when he said that the R15 was getting a replacment in about three weeks.

9. poetdante

poetdante Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

for dual core? I think it's unlikely. maybe there will be a completly new tablet line

10. PowerMatt

Yeah... honestly I don't really care if it's a dual core or not, so long as it's fairly close to $1000. I would be buying an R15 once I get the money, but like I said, they'll probably be gone by the time I'm ready to get one.