QvvView4 image viewer

Discussion in 'Asus (Android)' started by d.goryachev, Dec 17, 2011.

1. d.goryachev

d.goryachev Scribbler - Standard Member

[​IMG]

I've compiled image viewer (more lightweight, comparing with native one). There are one binary file, which can be runned from anywhere, handy to use with QtFM's custom actions.

Sensor keys shortcuts:

1) close image (key with back arrow)
    2) zoom in
    3) zoom out
    4) original size
    5) fit in screen (if larger, original size if lesser)

arrow left) prev image in current dir
    arrow right) next image in current dir

I'll make ipk and release it in few days, if anyone will be interested in and no errors will be found.

2. lroncero

lroncero Pen Pal - Newbie

Dear Goryachev,

I found the app interesting. I do not know whether you have already included it in the package repository.

I would like to know if there is no way to build a better pdf reader for the eee note. I find the zoom to be very limited.

Thanks in advance.

3. d.goryachev

d.goryachev Scribbler - Standard Member

I'll upload it as soon i'll back to home (in one-two weeks, now too far from ..).

What concerned with pdf - i think that there is only real way - to write qt based gui to muPDF. It's nice and fast library to view pdf files, but have limited functionality, no annotating, etc. Only viewing (details - here MuPDF Manual look on key-binded functions for viewer application)

As far as i can remember, osowiecki was interested in it but dunno, is he writed something?

4. lroncero

lroncero Pen Pal - Newbie

"What concerned with pdf - i think that there is only real way - to write qt based gui to muPDF. It's nice and fast library to view pdf files, but have limited functionality, no annotating, etc. Only viewing (details - here MuPDF Manual look on key-binded functions for viewer application)"

This sounds like the PDF reader to have in my linux crunchbang machine. Is it possible to port it to our eee note?

Annotating PDFs is useful, but this can always be solved by taking a snapshot of the page that you are reading and then copying it in the notetaking application. This is what I have been doing with the DJVU files.

The key for PDF files is to have a better zoom to read different files.

I know nothing about programming. Needless to say I cannot write libraries. I just thought any of you might be interested in porting a better reader.

"As far as i can remember, osowiecki was interested in it but dunno, is he writed something?"

He has not said anything about this, I think.

Luis

5. DocV

DocV Pen Pal - Newbie

Thanks for this, it is much better for reading comics than the standard image viewer!

I have been able to get it working by launching it from within the file manager, do you know if it's possible to add it directly to the launcher menu?

I tried by copying one of the existing lines and modifying it with this program's path and name but it hangs when I trey it from there.

6. PF4Tablet

PF4Tablet Pen Pal - Newbie

Any toughts about that PoDoFo PDF libraries that I suggested in another thread?

7. osowiecki

osowiecki Scribbler - Standard Member

Nope...

lack of time