Questions to r1f owners from possible r1f buyer

Discussion in 'Asus' started by P8RSON, Nov 17, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. James R

James R Pen Pal - Newbie

Hi Guys, i've been in the market for a tablet pc for a while and the r1f fits the bill nicely, i do have questions i hope you lot can answer!

how does the intel integrated graphics run vista's - Areo, i know the tablet vista certified etc but does it bearly just about cope? or does it handle Areo's fancy efects smoothly?

speaker sound? considering its a tablet is the sound poor,average,great?

Fan noise, this is the deciding factor for me! core2duo is a requirment so how is the fan noise - constant or intermittent, i know fujitsu tablets are known for there low noise and the tosiba tecra's are loud , so how does this compare, and can i tweek settings to keep fan to a minimum ( i dont care about heat or throttling back performance to achive this!)

I have a friend who owns a HP TC4200, can anyone compare fan noise to this machine.

Thanks for your help ! - JR :)

2. macuis

macuis Pen Pal - Newbie

It run's Vista Aero Glass. 2GB or RAM is recommended however.

Sound is average. Not much bass, but still very good.

Yes you can tweak it so the CPU is not running at a max. ASUS includes software called Power4Gear which has predetermined settings (of which you can also adjust). Even so, when the fan is running, it is still very quiet.

3. MilestonePC.com

MilestonePC.com Scribbler - Standard Member

Here's the quote of the sound section of the review, i would call it average as macuis mentioned above.

For heat and fan noise, another quote from my review.
    You will find this notebook to be very cool and quiet, also if, in the future you may want to undervolt the CPU so further decrease temperatures, using RMclock or NHC or anything else that's available.

4. adamb78

adamb78 Pen Pal - Newbie

Before you buy it, have the person selling it to you unbox it and make sure the headphone port doesn't have static.

5. James R

James R Pen Pal - Newbie

adamb78 - it's very unlikely i'll get to look at one close up before purchase,
    this is the reason i'm asking these questions of owners on this forum.

over here in UK i understand there are very few available at the moment anyway!

MilestonePC.com - i found your review, very detailed and useful thanks

any other r1f owners feel like commenting, particularly on fan noise levels ??
    :)

6. P8RSON

P8RSON Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

James, have you tried asusnotebooks.co.uk
    If you do, ask for Lima.... She's very good at finding out questions for you and will ring you back.