Questions about W700 (noise and writing)

Discussion in 'Acer (Gateway)' started by Revelations, Oct 23, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Roi111

Roi111 Pen Pal - Newbie

2. zkoder

zkoder Pen Pal - Newbie

I am not going to be so critical this time. I realy appreciate that ACER are the first manufacturer that present to the market fully functioanal tablet (x86 based) tablet in price class under 600 EUR. All alternative solutions are based on intel Atom (too slow for my needs - 450/500 EUR) or the price is above 900 EUR (i5). It is a little bit irritatingli that the best hardware is again for US only but if you ask me - "Are you going to pay 900 EUR for new tablet?" I will answer you - it is just too expensive for me and my needs.

Also i must mention that I was informed about the two versions of i3 before to take this device. Since the current version was presented to the Bulgarian market few days after the official presentation but not 6 to 10 months after - My choise was clear. I just don't want to wait almost one year to take the ivy bridge version. This indirect lost of benefits for me since the price will be the same but I will lose great mobility oportunity for additional one year.

As result I am more grateful to ACER than angry this time...

3. loadinglevelone

loadinglevelone Pen Pal - Newbie

No, I'm not cross with acer as such. The fact still remains that there are no other win 8, high res screen, high power, fairly low cost tablets out there.
    Which is why I will most definitively be getting one.

Having said that. With the i3 version being sandy bridge really only makes my choice easier, in a sense. I will buy the i5 ivy bridge version.
    Perhaps this is what acer wanted all along.

Last edited: Nov 21, 2012
  4. excalibur1814

excalibur1814 Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

I'm actually now after a reasonably prices i3/i5 tablet so this 'p' version might fit the bill depending on what stylus it uses.

Last edited: Nov 22, 2012
  5. mulder_fbi

mulder_fbi Pen Pal - Newbie

I just got the W700 today. Here's my unboxing video:

[video=youtube_share;Le6q0BDmWdI]http://youtu.be/Le6q0BDmWdI[/video]

Let me know if you have questions or if there's something you want me to try.

6. loadinglevelone

In all of the previews I've seen of the W700, it has a thunderbolt port. Yours doesn't. Thats sad. :(

zsh-w700006.jpg

Last edited by a moderator: May 18, 2015
  7. Wiz33

Wiz33 Scribbler - Standard Member

None of the Win8 tablet or ultrabook on the market by any manufacturer will have Thunderbolt. They are removed due to a MS/intel mandate.

8. loadinglevelone

Wait! What? That's a shame. How come?
    When was this announced? Do you have link?

9. Wiz33

Wiz33 Scribbler - Standard Member

It was never announced to the public, There was some technical problem they couldn't over come yet. One of them is that the PC will BSOD if thunderbolt was used to send data to an external GPU box and the cable was unplugged while the machine is on. There might be others that I don't know about. That's also why none of the external GPU boxes that was shown during CES ever materialize. There was a big stink with all the OEM as Intel have been pushing thunderbolt and all the OEM was prepping it on the Win8 product (some even have it on their last round of Win7 product like the Acer S5) then all of a sudden they were told to remove it.

Last edited: Nov 27, 2012
  10. excalibur1814

excalibur1814 Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

UK buyers: Apparently stock with hit on the 11th