Questions about W700 (noise and writing)

Discussion in 'Acer (Gateway)' started by Revelations, Oct 23, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Erik2929

Erik2929 Pen Pal - Newbie

Why HdD3000 doesn't new line of intel cpus have HD4000 ? Are you sure that you have HD3000.

Last edited by a moderator: May 18, 2015
  2. loadinglevelone

loadinglevelone Pen Pal - Newbie

The i3 CPU has HD3000
    The i5 CPU has HD4000

The W700 comes in two versions: i3 - HD3000 and i5 - HD4000.

3. Erik2929

Can other owners of i3 confirm HD3000 gpu ? Very important for my desicion

4. loadinglevelone

loadinglevelone Pen Pal - Newbie

Yes please, a verification would be nice.

There seems to be some confusion regarding the CPU's.

Now, the i3 version uses a i3-2365M CPU. Based on Intels own cpu naming this is clearly a second generation i3 processor. (Othewise it would have been called: i3-3365M).
    Being a second gen cpu it should have HD3000 only.

Despite this acer list the i3 version as having HD4000 on their website. My guts tell me that this is wrong.

Now, the fact that intel itself does not list the i3-2365M at all on their website does not make it any easer.
    Searching through their webside I could not find any information what so ever about this mysterious CPU.

Intel list of 3rd gen i3 cpu's
    Intel list of 2nd gen i3 spu's

When I google up the information all pages i find claim that the i3-2365M has HD3000 only. Such as this site.

5. win32asmguy

win32asmguy Pen Pal - Newbie

Where are you getting this information that it uses an i3-2365m? On the Acer website, W700-6607 | Model Datasheet, it says that the w700 uses the i3-3217u, which has the hd4000 gpu.

Oh, and the w700 is pretty nice, I like mine. Only problems with it so far is the fan runs a little more often than I like, and the wireless network is dropping every now and then.

6. jtyoung1

jtyoung1 Pen Pal - Newbie

The i3 processor is not an i3-2365M, it is an i3-3217U so that could be where the confusion is coming from. It also has an HD4000 GPU.
    ARK | Intel® Core

7. zkoder

zkoder Pen Pal - Newbie

You are both right!

Obviously there are two versions of the i3 based devices. I have one in my bag and there is 1,4 GHz 2365M processor inside. Unfortunately on our market you can find only this version :( :( :( Of course the price is like everywhere else in the world, just you are recieving package with not included docking station (leather case only) and old processor architecture. :mad:

Be careful when you are buying your device. If you can find Ivy bridge architecture - take it. 2365M is sandy bridge on lower frequency and using HD3000 video card. :(

8. zkoder

zkoder Pen Pal - Newbie

You are both right!

Obviously there are two versions of the i3 based devices. I have one in my bag and there is 1,4 GHz 2365M processor inside. Unfortunately on our market you can find only this version :( :( :( Of course the price is like everywhere else in the world, just you are recieving package with not included docking station (leather case only) and old processor architecture. :mad:

Be careful when you are buying your device. If you can find Ivy bridge architecture - take it. 2365M is sandy bridge on lower frequency and using HD3000 video card. :(

9. Erik2929

Wow Acer you s.ck can't believe they are doing this that is actually true be carefull when you buy it there are two i3's on market shame on you Acer. That is why you will never be quality company in people eye !!

10. Wiz33

Wiz33 Scribbler - Standard Member

Many companies have always offer different configuration for different market so always check your local spec rather than using the global or another region.