Questions about the x41 battery

Discussion in 'Lenovo (IBM)' started by kcirbmab, Oct 25, 2007.

1. kcirbmab

kcirbmab Pen Pal - Newbie

Taken from the x61 thread, since I got an x41t instead

2. student

student Scribbler - Standard Member

1) What sort of work will you be doing? You can find out most accurately yourself. Check your current batteries mAh rating. See how long it lasts with during normal use with medium screen brightness and wifi on. Then look at the mAh figure of the new battery you are going to buy. It should roughly be proportional. ie a 2000mAh battery will give you 2x more time than a 1000mAh battery.
    2) Look for mAh figure. A battery will be rated 1900mAh or 4400 mAh etc. it decribes the amount of charge the battery can hold. The higher the better. Li Ion batteries are only made by a few manufacturers, so they should be all alike. The only problem could be in the description of the amount of charge a battery will hold.
    3) Yes, but they are not dropping so fast to make holding off buying one worthwhile.

You would have gotten a lot more for your money if you had gotten a HP tc4400. Nevermind.

3. kcirbmab

How much are the tc4400s? Do they have wacom digitizers?

4. g2tl

g2tl Scribbler - Standard Member

as low as $899 right now. And yes, it does use wacom's technology.

x61t vs tc4400, I would take the x61t any day.
    But x41t vs tc4400, I would take tc4400 any day, even though it's at least more than $300 of difference. You will actually feel the speed difference.
    If you are an experienced ebay user, I would just sell that and get a tc4400.

Last edited by a moderator: May 18, 2015
  5. kcirbmab

Interesting. The speed on my x41 is more then adequate for me (I'm not getting any of the dreaded slowness I've read about) so I don't think I'd sell my x41 and get a tc4400 based on specs alone.

6. student

student Scribbler - Standard Member

@g2tl

What about between a X61T and a Fujitsu T4220?

I am guessing you prefer the X61T over the HP tc4400 due to the X61T's use of the Santa Rosa platform.

I am seriously thinking about swapping my X61T with Dell's forthcoming tablet PC which will be Santa Rosa based. I am not as enamoured of my X61T as you are of yours! Mine suffers from too many niggling issues for a supposed premium product.

@kcirbmab

If you could only use both machines side by side you will feel a significant difference. However if you are only word processing and sending emails the X41 will be adequate.

7. kcirbmab

So, apparently the hard drive went bad. I can no longer boot windws (unmountable boot) and I can't even install xp again or ububtu either.

Is this common for the x41? The guy I bought it from warned me he's had to change the hdd a few times.

Anyways, he's going to give me a full refund. I might look into the T4220 now.