Question from an engineering student

Discussion in 'OneNote, Evernote and Organizers' started by skisteven1, Jan 22, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. skisteven1

skisteven1 Pen Pal - Newbie

yeah, but the character map doesn't necessarily have everything on the same screen. Also, it doesn't necessarily have all the correct characters on the same page, or even at all. It'll do the greek letters fine, but you might have to scroll around to get something like a ∫.

Ideally, what I'm looking for is the ability to be typing (because i type much much faster than I could ever ink, plus it's way more legible), pause and ink in a symbol to the pen input box, and then keep going. Now, it sounds like the MS Education pack might let me do just that, but I wont' know until i get my tablet on friday (cross your fingers).

thanks all

2. Fido

Fido Scribbler - Standard Member

You could just type out the parts you can, and ink the parts you can't. It's not like you need it to be in text symbols for any reason.

3. chinesefireball121

chinesefireball121 Scribbler - Standard Member

In word there are all those symbols you can use. Quick method is just to set up auto corrects for the symbols you use. For example on word when i type pi, it corrects to the symbol, same when i type theta.

Method:
    Insert -> symbol ... put symbol down, and highlight
    Tools -> Auto Correct options ... if you look at the window that appears, there will be a table with all the default auto correct stuff. At the top of this table right of the table under the heading "With" is the symbol you chose. Look left you see "replace" so type what you want to type for when the symbol appears.

Click ok and all is good

Only problem is the range of symbols may not be good enough

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.