Question about viewing angle and fan noise

Discussion in 'Acer (Gateway)' started by datafader, Jan 15, 2007.

1. Anonymouse

Anonymouse A nondescript mouse

To anyone with the Acer c200 series (more specifically about the c210 series, but I think it applies even to the c200's, since I think the screen is the same), what is the viewing angle like on it? Does it have good wide viewing angles for both portrait and landscape modes? Does it have good for only one mode? Is it bad for both modes? I've read that the display is very bright and clear (better than most tablets out there), but that it is a glossy finish. I haven't seen any mention of viewing angles though. Exact numbers in degrees would be nice, but even just a "it is good, I can read it when it is flat on a desk from any angle" is good to know as well.

The other question is about the fan noise. Is it a quiet running fan? Is it on a lot, or just when running at max settings and doing processor intensive tasks? When it runs full blast, is it very noticeable and distracting? When it is running under less intense of a load is it still noticeable, or just a quiet whisper? This is probably more applicable to the c210 series (and more specifically the c215), but any feedback here is appreciated. Thanks in advance to anyone that has answers.

2. Barry J. Doyle

Barry J. Doyle Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

Hey Anonymouse,

I worked with the C200 model with a Celeron M CPU. I don't remember fan noise being an issue. In regards to the display viewing angle, consider the reflection from the glossy screen. While I cannot comment with an exact figure in degrees, I will say that the viewing angle proved satisfactory. However, The the reflection of light can be somewhat distracting when viewing from the side, etc.

3. Anonymouse

Anonymouse A nondescript mouse

Well, would a screen protector help reduce glare a bit (and also add better "texture")? If so, do those tend to hurt viewing angle much?

4. FishPoo

FishPoo Pen Pal - Newbie

The screen protector will reduce glare with not much effect on viewing angle.

It depends on the screen protector as well, personally I have the WriteShield, and it works great, texture is nice, and doesn't scratch too badly. It's so good, i've removed the top foamy pad cover for the screen off and put my tablet with the screen exposed into my bag.

The one thing it will reduce is the brightness. I only have problems in direct sunlight.

5. MCW

MCW Pen Pal - Newbie

I have a 213 and I must say, I do like te screen :)

I hate the fan though .. it can get really noisy and annoying .. when you consider it only has a sinlge, small speaker, too .. it get more annoying ..

Don't let that stop ypu getting a 2xx .. they really are lovely

6. datafader

datafader Pen Pal - Newbie

Hi ive got the C213 and am looking for a screen protector.

FishPoo can you tell me which writeshield you bought as I cant find this tablet pack on the website. Did you use the DIY pack by any chance?

Cheers