QtPacker Package Manager. The last dvt_check you'll ever need to run (hopefully)

Discussion in 'Asus (Android)' started by mp035, Oct 10, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Muhali

Muhali Pen Pal - Newbie

I was. But perhaps the connection was bad. Nevertheless, even without connection should the ps listing show correct urls.

2. eddy

eddy Pen Pal - Newbie

Just a random idea:

How about adding an option of running programs which you have installed? Would solve menu limit problem, and you could run all of the programs you have installed from one place...

3. d.goryachev

d.goryachev Scribbler - Standard Member

I'm experimenting now with QtFM in this direction - in upcoming release will be added possibility to add bookmark to file (ordinary or binary) and, may be optional, ability to auto scan launcher config, to add installed apps to bookmark list. Both of this features already implemented, so there is "alternative launcher" exists, with ability to use as "registred" as "not registred" to eee note launcher apps.

If interested - on this screen you can see list of launcher apps, two bookmarks to folders and "not installed" QtMPC app. All of them working.

4. eddy

eddy Pen Pal - Newbie

QtPacker already checks if the program is installed or not, so adding a "run" option to it is pretty easy.

5. mp035

mp035 Underacheiver

d.goryachev's option is the best. Although qtpacker lists the installed applications, it has no way of knowing which executable file in the package is the one which starts the application. @Mulhali, I think you may be getting confused between the url and the destination file in the command. The text you posted seems toshow the correct url. The "address" starting with a single slash is a linux absolute file path.

6. Muhali

Muhali Pen Pal - Newbie

It seems that the forum software got confused with the posted link (I should have checked first). This is what I posted
    Code:
    wget --passive-ftp -q -P /opt/ipkg-z7ewxk http://freeenote.org feeds/original/Packages

and this is what appeared.

wget --passive-ftp -q -P /opt/ipkg-z7ewxk FreeeNote.org feeds/original/Packages

Anyway, the problem apparently has disappeared now. :)

7. Micha

Micha Pen Pal - Newbie

Great tool! I just want to report the minor glitch I'm experiencing here: the interface gets stuck at "Downloading", but seemingly installs the package (except Dictionary). Any idea?
    Oh, and to get this unstuck, I only have one choice: reboot the device.

EDIT Oh well, nevermind, I just had to be more patient (~5 minutes).
    Great!

8. GSXRCarlos

GSXRCarlos Pen Pal - Newbie

has anyone else tried installing QTfm from package manager, mine says installed but no icon appears, have i done something wrong?

9. Jamie-B

Jamie-B Scribbler - Standard Member

Ah, you may need to go into preferences and tell your Eee Note to scan your SD card.

Installation of Qtfm through Package Manager worked for me. Sometimes things like the extra Notes templates have required me to do an SD card scan manually.

10. GSXRCarlos

GSXRCarlos Pen Pal - Newbie

Thanks Jamie,

Tried that and it didn't work, but read somewhere about running "ipkg update" in consoleq (which i thought i'd already done) and then scanned the SD card and all is working now

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.