QtPacker Package Manager. The last dvt_check you'll ever need to run (hopefully)

Discussion in 'Asus (Android)' started by mp035, Oct 10, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. pbarrette

pbarrette Scribbler - Standard Member

Hi BlacKnight,

No problem at all. The ipkg control files are all very similar, so it's not too much trouble. If you'll notice, I also added your templates to the feed as well.

Templates in the package manager are a bit odd, since it looks like you need to do a rescan for media before the templates show up in the EeeNote menu. I can't remember if it acted that way before or not.

Now that I'm looking at your answer, I remember that referencing the path for ipkg was what I read as well. I also now remember that there was some issue with libcurl that was causing the problem with local package files. I may have to go back to the source code to find out if there's some trick to it.

pb

2. BlacKnight

BlacKnight Scribbler - Standard Member

Hi pb

I've tested the SpeedCrunch package in the FreeNote feed. Although it appears to install and run, it puts the share folder in the wrong place. This means the maths books and international language support don't work.

The share folder should end up here:
    Code:
    root\usr\local\eTablet\bin\share
    I thnk this is where I put it in the QtPackage stuff I posted in #38.

Regarding templates - I remember that you had to do a rescan before they show up. Also, when SpeedCrunch is installed you have to do a rescan before the user manual shows up in the Reader book menu. It would be cool if we could automate the rescan. I guess there's a QCop message for that?

Last edited by a moderator: May 18, 2015
  3. pbarrette

pbarrette Scribbler - Standard Member

Hi BlacKnight,

Oops.. The package has been updated.

I'll have to look through my QCop logs to see if I can find something that will work.

pb

4. d.goryachev

d.goryachev Scribbler - Standard Member

Hi! Looks like there are a problem with QtPacker, not in my case, but described on one of non-english forums. Man, who encountered it have even worse language skills than I'm, so I'll try to describe situation.

He told, that tries to install QtPacket in usual way via dvt_check based installer. It installs, new icon added to launcher and even runs if clicked on it. Then, it turns on wifi, and says there that device should be rebooted. He reboots it, runs QtPacker and .. all begins again in infinite loop.

I've never seen such problems myself, so just translate what he describes. Is any ideas?

5. PF4Tablet

PF4Tablet Pen Pal - Newbie

Hi d.goryachev

What non-english forums are you talking about above? Can you post a link?
    Thanks
    PF

6. d.goryachev

d.goryachev Scribbler - Standard Member

7. PF4Tablet

PF4Tablet Pen Pal - Newbie

Thanks, I visited that one for Onyx related topics. I had no idea it has a eee forum. Thanks again

PF

8. burgerproductions

burgerproductions Pen Pal - Newbie

A word of warning

If anyone is still running the Italian formware and they put QTPacker on their machine, DO NOT DOWNLOAD THE DICTIONARY APP. It overwrites the existing dictionary and you will end up with only the TW dictionay.
    I made this mistake so tried uninstalling via QTPacker but my dictionary did not come back. I've also encountered problems with FBReader on the IT player (it can damage the built in Asus reader). If you are running the IT firmware be very careful about downloading these files.

That said, I saw that osowiecki had got Googletranslate working on his EEENote. Any chance of this being added to the list?

Last edited by a moderator: May 16, 2015
  9. Muhali

Muhali Pen Pal - Newbie

I have spent now more than 2 hours trying to install the package manager, using the new and clean Russian firmware. Without success.

The script get_opkg always hangs when issuing the wget command, as it seems to miss the first '/' of the url, like here

wget --passive-ftp -q -P /opt/ipkg-z7ewxk FreeeNote.org feeds/original/Packages

What's happening??

M.

10. mp035

mp035 Underacheiver

Muhali, you need to be connected to the internet, or the ipkg archive will not be downloaded. BTW please put your shell output in code tags when posting so that url's don't get converted to links.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.