QtPacker Package Manager. The last dvt_check you'll ever need to run (hopefully)

Discussion in 'Asus (Android)' started by mp035, Oct 10, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BlacKnight

BlacKnight Scribbler - Standard Member

I have installed the package manager. However, it only shows packages from the optware feed. I think this is because I periously installed it using the manual instructions.

I'd like to add a feed from the FreeeNote web site. I'd be grateful if you could post the feed URL so that I can add it to the feed list.

Also, I'd like to add the SpeedCrunch package to the feed. I'd be grateful if you could point me at some examples, so that I can try and put together a package for SpeedCrunch.

Last edited by a moderator: May 18, 2015
  2. pbarrette

pbarrette Scribbler - Standard Member

Last edited: Mar 20, 2014
  3. BlacKnight

Hi pb

Thanks for the advice. I think I'm ready to build the SpeedCrunch package. However, I don't seem to have the Optware utilities, like ipkg-build.sh. The ipkg stuff doesn't appear in the repository for my Ubuntu computer, and I don't seem to have the utilities on my Eee Note. Any suggestions?

4. d.goryachev

d.goryachev Scribbler - Standard Member

5. pbarrette

Hi BlacKnight,

To be honest, I haven't installed the ipkg-utils either. Since I'm more comfortable in Windows, I created a batch file to build the packages and update the feed.

It's getting a bit unmanageable though, so I'm going to have to install the ipkg utils soon.

If you like, I can zip up my batchfile based IPK builder and post it for download.

pb

6. BlacKnight

Hi pb

I mainly use Windows too, so yes, please post your batch file. I guess it's just a question of applying a sequence of compressions.

7. pbarrette

Hi BlackKnight,

I have posted my package creator here:
    http://freenote.peterbarrette.com/feeds/WinIpkCreator.zip

Package creation is relatively straightforward:
    1] Create a folder in the "_packages" directory for your new package.
    2] Look at the existing packages for examples of the control scripts.
    3] Double-click "makepack.bat"
    4] Look in the "feed" folder for a package feed that can be uploaded directly to a web site.

Notes:
    If you don't want a package to build, preface the package folder name with a "-".
    If you make a change to a package, you must delete the ".ipk" file from the package and feed folders, otherwise it won't rebuild.

pb

Last edited: Mar 20, 2014
  8. BlacKnight

Hi pb

Thanks for posting your package utility - very helpful, as always. I used it to generate a SpeedCrunch package. My expectation was that I'd be able to test the package by doing something like this...
    Code:
    ipkg install speedcrunch_0.11_arm.ipk
    ...but whatever I tried I couldn't get any output except "can't find package". Searching for a solution on the iNet leads me to conclude that ipkg can't install local packages - only packages from a feed. Since I don't have a feed I am unable to test the speedcrunch package.

I'm wondering, therefore, if you could add the speedcrunch package to the freeenote feed, so that I can test it? Here is a link to the speedcrunch package, ready for the _package directory of your utility.

Last edited by a moderator: May 18, 2015
  9. pbarrette

Hi BlacKnight,

You're too late. I already added speedcrunch to the package feed. :)

I should also note that the control scripts have changed slightly to allow for installation over the top of an app that was previously installed using a dvt_check script. You should pull a couple of packages and have a look at the differences.

I also noticed that ipkg doesn't like local packages. I read somewhere that it's a bug in the code, but can't remember what the solution was. I'll have to look for it again, since installation of local package files would make testing a lot easier in some cases.

pb

10. BlacKnight

Sorry pb, I was trying to save you some of the work involved. Thanks very much for adding SpeedCrunch to the feed.Thanks also for adding the Note templates.
    I read somewhere that
    Code:
    ipkg install ./speedcrunch_0.11_arm.ipk
    should work, whereas
    Code:
    ipkg install speedcrunch_0.11_arm.ipk
    doesn't. But I couldn't get any form to work.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.