Q704 Review.

Discussion in 'Fujitsu' started by Mesosphere, May 2, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bloodycape

bloodycape confused Senior Member

I think Newegg the other week had a factory refurb Q704 for sale.

2. Marty

Marty Pen Pro - Senior Member Senior Member

Last edited: May 6, 2014
  3. jb82

jb82 Scribbler - Standard Member

Thinkpad yoga is pretty much identical in thickness and weight to the T904....

4. dceggert

dceggert Owner of a TabletPC Museum Senior Member

I bought my refurbished T731 and Q702 from here and the process worked out great in both instances. Watch the descriptions carefully. Some are 'refurbished' and some are 'new' leftovers from contract sourcing.

5. Bronsky

Bronsky Wait and Hope. Senior Member

There has been nothing but a trickle of Q572s in the outlet lately. I'm wondering if we're going to see any Q704s in the near future. It's time, don'cha think?

6. Mesosphere

Mesosphere Geek. Senior Member

Hmm, for some reason I thought it was 4lb, but it appears to be 3.5 lbs... so much closer than I thought (my T904 is 3.4lbs). As for thickness, the specs I've seen have the TPY at .74 inches which is about 10% thicker (specs say 0.67 in) ... again not as much as I thought.

I wouldn't call these numbers identical, but I definitely thought the differences where larger than this. I think the hinge and smaller screen was enough of a deal breaker in my mind that I probably didn't look into it so closely. Thanks for pointing this out though.

7. bloodycape

bloodycape confused Senior Member

I wondering the same thing. I take the T904 hasn't show up either right?

8. EdTittel

EdTittel Pen Pal - Newbie

Gentle readers:
    If you own a Q704, and use the Intel Drive Update Utility, don't try to install the Intel wireless driver (it's named Wireless_17.0.5_De164.exe). I have confirmed through multiple tests, that this driver not only crashes the machine during installation, but also requires the boot/system drive to be rebuilt before the system can be restored to normal operation. Until Fujitsu releases an update for the Intel N-7620 Dual Band Wireless interface on this unit with a matching or higher version number, I'd stick with the preceding 17.0.3 version instead. Please learn from my experience (documented in my 8/13 post to the "Windows Enterprise Desktop" blog on TechTarget's IT Knowledge Exchange with the title "Intel Wireless Driver Update Causes Win8.1 Repair Gyrations") and avoid this potential problem.
    Best wishes,
    --Ed--

9. Bronsky

Bronsky Wait and Hope. Senior Member

Well the Q704s are in the Outlet. http://stores.ebay.com/Fujitsu-Comp...?_fsub=3&_sid=100217907&_trksid=p4634.c0.m322 There are a couple of brand new, well spec'ed models that are WWAN capable with keyboards. The models with keyboards are 1080p/256GB SSD/8GB RAM & 3 year warranty. These look like they will be going for a decent price, considering the hardware.

Actually, they went much higher than I anticipated. The first one that sold was ~ $900.

Last edited: Feb 10, 2016
  10. Yao

Yao Scribbler - Standard Member

Hello guys, Q704's going for $250 to 350 range now. A good value buy?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.