Q704 Review.

Discussion in 'Fujitsu' started by Mesosphere, May 2, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. XJ12

XJ12 Scribbler - Standard Member

With my Q702 setup I had issue with the indexer running when I switched to mobile and it would drain the battery. Win7 setup. Used the following to adjust its offending behavior:

pause indexing on battery

There's a group policy setting for this.
    Go to Start -> Run (or Winkey+R), type gpedit.msc. Navigate to Local Computer Policy -> Computer Configuration -> Administrative Templates -> Windows Components -> Search. Enable the policy "Prevent indexing when running on battery power to conserve energy"

2. Mesosphere

Mesosphere Geek. Senior Member

Well the indexing was finished the next day so it wasn't a long term problem, but I actually did change that setting. It didn't seem to work though. Mine was on Windows 8.1 Enterprise. Still it should have worked, but the indexer just kept right on chugging away after changing that setting even after a reboot. In any case, I had him leave it on overnight so that it could finish and evidently that was enough time.

3. Mesosphere

Out of curiosity, why no T904 on the list?

4. bloodycape

bloodycape confused Senior Member

How is the battery life on the tablet itself? And there is a full size USB 3.0 port on the tablet itself, right?

5. Mesosphere

In my use I'd estimate 6-9. But based on prior devices I always seem to get better battery life out of my devices than others tend to. I regularly got 4-6 on my SP1 for example. It really depends on how you use it, but it should be pretty much the same as the SP2, T904 or any other Wacom Haswell machine with a similar sized battery (45 Whr).

Last edited: May 5, 2014
  6. Bronsky

Bronsky Wait and Hope. Senior Member

I've decided that 12.5" is a better option than a 13" display. Not really quite sure why. The other thing is that the T904 seems to have gotten out of the gate late and is not likely to be seen in the outlet for quite some time.

7. Mesosphere

Well it is much thinner and lighter than the 12.5" (tablet pc) options =) It is also the most expensive option though (well not including Panasonic Toughbook's and Motion).

I'm actually thinking it will show up in the outlet sooner than the Q704. Activity on the Q704 seems to have been non-existent in comparison to the T904, I suspect sales of T904 are dwarfing the Q704, so referbs may show up sooner despite the later release date.

8. Marty

Marty Pen Pro - Senior Member Senior Member

Where do you generally go to look for these refurbs?

9. Bronsky

Bronsky Wait and Hope. Senior Member

Notebooks, Laptops items in Fujitsu Computer Store store on eBay!

Mesosphere - You make a good point about the Q704. It's a lot larger then I thought it would be. I really like the size of the ThinkPad Yoga. I've messed with it quite a bit and I like the keyboard, display and footprint. It's clearly a notebook that doubles as a tablet, unlike my M80TA, which is a tablet that doubles as a notebook.

The T904 is expensive for what I need. I'm getting by fine with the SU9400 in my X301. You might be right about the outlet. Although, there seem to be a lot of 902s left and 702s are dwindling.

Edit: as soon as I said that I checked and there are no 902s in the outlet ATM.:rolleyes:

Last edited: May 6, 2014
  10. Mesosphere

Yea, it (T904) isn't a great deal. Thinkpad Yoga is much more bang for your buck. It is just heavier, bulkier, smaller screen and I don't like the yoga style hinge.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.