Q704 Fan Noise

Discussion in 'Fujitsu' started by HoyaNM47, Jan 1, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ykvishal

ykvishal Scribbler - Standard Member

Dear Ed

Thank you very much for your blog. I read/visited/commented on your blog. Most of us are aware of the review.

2. fuji

fuji Pen Pal - Newbie

Thank you Ed, for your posts.

3. ykvishal

Did anyone recently check Ed's blog? One Q704 user mentioned that you the increase performance by playing with "SpeedStep" in Bios setting.

4. TheZoomCat

TheZoomCat Pen Pal - Newbie

I have 2 questions :-

(a) so it is confirmed that the Q704 has bad heating issues - well just how bad is it ???
    Is it so bad that functionality is utterly useless ???

(b) and does anyone know the wacom specs on it ???

Thank you

:cool::cool::cool:

Last edited: Apr 12, 2014
  5. scrambler

scrambler Scribbler - Standard Member

(a) Just read this whole thread, everything has been said and benchmark numbers for various scenarios have been done.

You can go to geekbench and compare the Q704 numbers with other similar processor devices

q704 - Geekbench Search - Geekbench Browser

Every device is different, the SP2 is the highest performer, then each tablet like device comes under that at various level.

It has pretty much been established that the reason for the underwhelming performance of the Q704 is a mix of less than ideal cooling and somewhat aggressive down throttling when that happens.

That being said, if the performance numbers are disappointing for the I5 and I7 Haswell processor in the device, they are not bad in absolute term. So depending what you will be doing with the device, they may just be perfectly acceptable.

What frustrates some of us like me is that the price of this device is very high, and for that price you would want to know you are getting the best...

(b) Not sure what Wacom specs you are looking for

Last edited: Apr 12, 2014
  6. edo101

edo101 Pen Pal - Newbie

What I want to know is, has this fan issue been resolved yet? Does this wacom digitzer on this tablet work as well as the SP2?

And is this better in laptop mode than surface pro 2. I find the small Surface with kickstand a bit awkard to use on my laptop

I really wish there were more convertibles like the Flip that use a Wacom digitizer. THe T904 is too frigging expensive for me

7. ykvishal

Beware Q704 is also expensive. You can also buy ThinkPad Yoga or Fujitsu T734/T732/T902.

8. edo101

edo101 Pen Pal - Newbie

I want a native Win 8 device as much as possible...I love windows 8. And i feel like the older Fujitsus won't play well with win 8? I don't suppose there is proper driver support.

9. Mesosphere

Mesosphere Geek. Senior Member

ThinkPad Yoga is windows 8 and new.

10. ykvishal

I think that you should do some search on google.
    There are some people who have tried windows 8 on older Fujitsu Machines like https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1xAR5vY6DoA

For more accurate information visit Fujitsu Support page and then look for the model you are interested in. It will give list of supported OS and all related drivers. After this you can ask specific questions on this forum.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.