Q702 shipping with Win7 and Win8!

Discussion in 'Fujitsu' started by e-schreiber, Jan 6, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. freeky1

freeky1 Pen Pal - Newbie

I took mine off the charger and used it for 90 minutes. Battery is currently at 66%. Power plan set to Balanced, brightness set a little below 50%, and adaptive brightness disabled. Browsing internet and watching YouTube videos with volume at 50%. If the battery drain is linear to zero, then 4.5 hours is what I am getting from a charge.

Sent from my Xoom using Tapatalk HD

2. freeky1

freeky1 Pen Pal - Newbie

Also, I received my Fujitsu folio case for my Q702 today. I am a little upset. Its the same folio case they sell with the keyboard, only it didn't come with the keyboard. This means that the case is much thicker than it needs to be.

Sent from my Xoom using Tapatalk HD

3. e-schreiber

e-schreiber ƒ(x) / fashion Senior Member

I think neither charging nor discharging is linear. But now that I know that Fujitsu claims -- without specifying any models -- a battery-life of 4h12m in a document and 5m10s in another, I'm inclined to believe that no one should expect more than 5 hours from any Q702 -- even on Power Saver. Let's see what the Helix will deliver....

4. tabletdummy

tabletdummy Scribbler - Standard Member

I took the plunge on the Newegg deal on the Win 7 version of the Q702. One thing that puzzles me is that my program runs ~ 1.6 times faster when the tablet is on AC power than when it is on the battery, even though I have gone into the power options and made sure that the max CPU is 100% in both cases. Is this a hardware limitation? Or maybe there is a setting in the BIOS that throttles down the CPU (and/or GPU) when using battery power?

5. juanch8

juanch8 Pen Pal - Newbie

Is the windows button working for you? I purchased mine with w7 and upgraded to w8 and the none of the buttons (windows, volume and screen lock) are working.

6. kneebuster

kneebuster Long time tablet PC user

My buttons work fine. I installed all the drivers in the order indicated on the web page. I tried uninstalling a few that I thought were unnecessary (like the shock sensor, why do I need that with an SSD?) and screwed up some stuff (auto rotation). I need to go back and reinstall them all.

7. freeky1

freeky1 Pen Pal - Newbie

You need to install about 25 drivers from here...

Fujitsu America - Support

There are four categories of drivers.

1. Windows 8 32-bit drivers
    2. Windows 8 Upgrade 32-bit drivers
    3. Windows 8 64-bit drivers
    4. Windows 8 Upgrade 64-bit drivers

If you upgraded from Windows 7 64-bit to Windows 8 64-bit, then you will need category 4.

8. tabletdummy

tabletdummy Scribbler - Standard Member

What's the advantage of Win 8? Does it support all programs and drivers written for Win 7? I am concerned with CygWin and FTDI in particular. Not sure either has Win 8 version.

How much do I have to pay to upgrade if the tablet comes only with Win 7?

9. e-schreiber

e-schreiber ƒ(x) / fashion Senior Member

Most programs that run on Win7 also run on Win8. If you buy the device from Fujitsu, I think you can get both DVDs shipped with the Q702. But you should go into the forums of the 2 programs you mentioned and ask people if they were able to make those programs run properly on Win8....just in case. Alternatively, you can download a copy of the beta of Win8 and test your programs on it. I think the betas only operate for an hour at a time, though.

Did you receive your Pen holder? Any pictures of it in operation?

10. kneebuster

kneebuster Long time tablet PC user

I'm still waiting on the pen holder. I may have to fab up something myself. The Fujitsu engineers really blew it in not including the silo in the tablet. Must have been a committee decision.