q702 random clicks on screen

Discussion in 'Fujitsu' started by q702, Mar 23, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. q702

q702 Pen Pal - Newbie

anyone know why my screen on my fujitsu q702 decides to click to the top left corner during the first few minutes after boot up?

does anyone else experience this issue and were they able to fix it?

ps: it seems to stop after a few minutes but im not sure if itll continue happening or get worse.

2. kneebuster

kneebuster Long time tablet PC user

Mine does that if the temp is low enough. I can fix it by recalibrating, but it does come back occasionally.

3. q702

q702 Pen Pal - Newbie

is there any longterm solution for this problem

4. XJ12

XJ12 Scribbler - Standard Member

Mine just did it a couple minutes ago. About the third time it has happened. Very repeatable with the same circumstances. Left in car while I work out in the gym in the morning, where the unit gets cold. On boot up, it starts randomly clicking the touch screen on the left edge. We got two units, where mine so far is the only one doing it. After the screen is on for a minute or two, the ghost clicking stops and everything is fine.

So far all reports are when the unit is cold. Was yours?

5. q702

q702 Pen Pal - Newbie

ya i was outside when it first happened, and then the second time was coming in from outside lol

6. tabletdummy

tabletdummy Scribbler - Standard Member

I went to the Fujitsu website to download driver update and after installing and re-calibrating there hasn't been any ghost clicks yet - keeping my fingers crossed.

7. XJ12

Thanks. Seems like we're candidates for the driver update. Our other machine acted up this morning. My coworker was outside only for a few and it really wasn't that cold. Very sensitive they are indeed..

8. XJ12

Did the driver update. Appears that Win 7 machines on the Fujitsu site are the only ones with driver updates. Although our weather has improved, so not a complete repeat of prior circumstances, but does appear initially to have solved the issue as others have reported.

9. layne

layne Pen Pal - Newbie

Q702 about 8 months old upgraded to W8.1. Started doing random ghost clicks a couple weeks ago. Starts immediately after start up or wake up and lasts random amounts of time averaging about 5 minutes. Does this with or without keyboard attached. I notice keyboard and touchpad stops working randomly. Unplug and replug and it works again. Also, changing angle with the keyboard usually reboots the computer. Windows hard button and screen lock also do not work. Tried refreshing (what a pain) several times no help. Reinstall from disks no help (not a true wipe as my screen background and some other things are still there. Seriously thinking about sending it back as tech help via e-mail is always "send it back".

10. stormi

stormi Scribbler - Standard Member

The random touch clicks seems to be a general problem with early digitizers from N-trig. Updating to the lastest touchscreen/digitizer-firmware & drivers and doing a calibration with the included N-trig tool helps a bit.
    But the other problems sound like a loose connection inside the tablet or other not easily fixable problem. I would send it back.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.