Q702 Funitsu Folio case questions and other case options

Discussion in 'Fujitsu' started by elee532, May 8, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. elee532

elee532 Pen Pal - Newbie

Anyone have general opinions on the Q702 Folio case?

Can the Q702 be placed in the keyboard dock while in the Folio?

Does it add a lot of weight/bulk?

When using the Fujitsu Folio with Bluetooth keyboard, is it stable/easy to use on your lap?

Are there any other recommended portfolio style cases aside from the one sold by Fujitsu?

Last edited: May 8, 2013
  2. hawkeye62

hawkeye62 Scribbler - Standard Member

I use a roo case, I think for a 12 inch laptop. Q702 with dock fits perfectly, Internal strap to hold the unit securely, pockets for charger and other gear. External velcro closed flap pocket for other stuff. Handle plus shoulder strap. Very good for trips where your hands are occupied.

Good luck, Jim

3. tabletdummy

tabletdummy Scribbler - Standard Member

IIRC Fujitsu says specifically that the tablet can not be docked with folio on.

I agree the best way to transport the tablet is to dock it and carry it like you would do with any other laptop. To carry the tablet alone I use a manila folder inside a netbook sleeve.

4. Bronsky

Bronsky Wait and Hope. Senior Member

Manila folder? Like an office file-folder? Why not just the sleeve?

5. tabletdummy

I want to minimize the chance of scratching the screen. So I put the tablet in the folder and the folder closes onto the screen like a book - no rubbing. Then the folder and tablet together slide into the sleeve - the folder takes the rubbing, not the screen.

Besides a folder lying around in the office won't attract as much attention as a laptop sleeve or a spiffy tablet would. Anti-theft camouflage that is. :)

6. alicepattinson

alicepattinson Scribbler - Standard Member

My friend has a Q702 Folio case way back 4 months ago I think and she's pretty happy with it.

7. elee532

elee532 Pen Pal - Newbie

Thanks for the suggestions and the info about docking. I'm looking for something with more of a professional/executive look that I can use primarily when taking to meeting for note-taking purposes. I need to dock and undock multiple times daily. I'm thinking seriously about getting a leather Day Timer, emptying it out, and using some Velcro to adhere the tablet.

8. tabletdummy

Yes nothing beats custom made for your specific needs. Good luck and post a picture when you are done!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.