Q584 Q775 what does the micro usb do

Discussion in 'Fujitsu' started by Joseph S, Sep 15, 2019.

1. Joseph S

Joseph S Pen Pal - Newbie

HI All

What use does the micro usb port serve please, I can not find any micro usb to micro usb cables. Is this a non powered usb port.

What can you do with it please.

Joseph

2. Aiffe

Aiffe Pen Pal - Newbie

I saw in your other post that you might not actually have a Q775, but a different model, so I'm not sure if this is accurate to yours or not, but I can say with the Q775 I'm typing this on: there is no micro USB port, what you could be mistaking for it is the micro HDMI port? On the left side, just above the SD port and below the exhaust vent? That's for connecting your computer to a TV or external monitor.

The keyboard dock (as well as the performance/fan dock I think, though I don't have one of those) has a full-sized HDMI port, so you don't need to get a micro HDMI cable if you have that. (My keyboard dock also has an old-school VGA port, which is mostly of interest if you happen to get your hands on an older model Cintiq.)

For USB, the Q775 has two type A ports on the right-hand side--one USB 2 and one USB 3. The keyboard dock has three type A USB 3 ports in it.