Q552?

Discussion in 'Fujitsu' started by Pianomanos, Jul 22, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. drexegar

drexegar Pen Pal - Newbie

First the great thing is the solid state drive, this thing boots up in about 12 secs. The build quality is awesome.
    The N-trig works great with compatible software (artrage), but when the software is not compatible, the n-trig runs like crap (mypaint). I updated video and n-trig drivers I do not see a difference. The touch response is great, but the video is chuggy.

I was disappointed... BUT when I loaded linux distros onto it... It ran like a dream!
    The video is super smooth and touch and n-trig works out the box! I'm downloading the Xubuntu 14 beta 1 to see how it handles. But 13.10 works awesome. Elementary OS ran quick but the visuals were a little choppy other than that very pleasing.

I'm going to keep windows 7 and tweak it for visual pinball but I'm going to stick to linux and will install my window programs with wine. It very nice for the tablet. Ill see if I can get win 7 to run smooth as possible.

2. drexegar

drexegar Pen Pal - Newbie

Windows seven performance for the atom and N-trig is unacceptable. So if you are interested in a light weight system where N-trig performance is extremely smooth and still be able to use most window programs under wine, I totally recommend installing Xubuntu, I am using the latest beta for the soon LTS 14 version (long supported version coming out next month). Here are some details.

UPDATE 3/7/2014

What works
    Video (It says detects GMA500 but runs really smooth)
    N-trig touch and pen (you can now right click in the air now, but might disappear when installing drivers)
    Bluetooth
    Wifi
    Cameras Somewhat (I'm using cheese and the camera is upside down and I cant switch, this however might work better with skype and google hangout)
    Sound
    Power button (you can suspend easily)

What dosent work:

2 finger Touch (no 2 finger or higher, might have to go to N-trig and installer linux drivers hopefully they'll install with no problem)
    Side buttons (maybe there is a driver?)
    Auto rotate (maybe there is a driver?)
    fingerprint reader (maybe there is a driver?)
    ID card reader (maybe there is a driver?)

If anybody needs any instructions let me know.

Last edited: Mar 7, 2014
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.